It’s that time again! Time for Workout Wednesday!
When someone has toned arms, it gives the overall impression of fitness. Try this 20 minute arm workout to build strength in your biceps, triceps, and shoulders and get that lean appearance that looks great in short sleeves and tanktops.
Total Arm Workout
3 rounds back-to-back
~20 minutes total
Warmup: Boxer shuffle + jabs for 60 seconds
- Hold your hands up in a boxing stance
- Bounce from foot to foot in a boxer shuffle while alternating right and left forward punches (jabs)
Exercise 1: Close-arm pushups x 10 (triceps exercise)
- With hands on the ground at shoulder width and directly below your shoulders, do 10 pushups
- Beginner modifications:
- Balance on knees instead of toes
- Pushup against a surface (countertop, table, edge of couch, etc.)
Exercise 2: Hug pushups x 10 each arm (triceps exercise)
- Lie on your right side with knees bent
- Hug your right arm across to your left ribs
- Place your left arm on the ground with fingers pointing right and use your arm to lift your upper body
- Perform 10 reps and then switch to your left side for 10 more
Exercise 3: Reverse hands pushups x 15 (biceps, triceps, and shoulders exercise)
- Place hands on an elevated surface (countertop, table, edge of couch, etc.) with fingers facing you
- Perform 15 pushups, focusing on squeezing your biceps
- NOTE: I’m doing the advanced version of this exercise by performing it on the ground
Exercise 4: Down-down-up-ups (shoulder exercise) x 20
- Get into pushup position, balancing on your knees
- Go down onto your right, then left elbow
- Return to pushup position with your right, then left arm
- One set of down-down-up-up is a rep. Complete 20 reps!
Exercise 5: Arm circles for 60 seconds
- With arms in a T position, make circles the size of a softball for 60 seconds with no rest
Remember – this workout must be completed 3 times in a row! Good luck, and let me know in the comments if you try it!
Hey fit fam! Want a weekly email update on only my new fitness posts? Click here.