Today’s full body Workout Wednesday is called Around the World because it moves from standing exercises (hi) all the way to lying exercises (low). All the changing of levels will get your heart rate up, and since there’s no gear needed, you can do it just about anywhere.
For this Around the World full body workout, you will be alternating between hi, mid, and low levels:
Hi = 5 reps
Mid = 20 reps
Low = 10 reps
Just remember: 5, 20, 10.
There are 6 exercises in total, and to complete this workout, you need to do 5 rounds!
Exercise 1: Lunge kick x 5 reps each leg (hi)
- Lunge backward with right leg
- Bring right leg forward with thigh parallel to ground
- Kick right leg straight forward, as high as possible. This is all one rep.
- Repeat above steps with left leg.
Exercise 2: Down dog presses x 20 (mid)
- Get in a downward dog position, then bend your knees until they hover an inch or so above the ground
- Return to downward dog, pressing the glutes back and up
Exercise 3: Reptile pushups x 10 (low)
- Do a pushup while bringing your right knee to your right elbow, then return to plank.
- Repeat with left knee to left elbow. Each pushup is one rep.
Exercise 4: In ‘n’ out squat jump x 5 (hi)
- From standing, jump to a wide squat position
- From the wide squat, jump your feet together and squat again.
- Each in + out is one rep.
Exercise 5: Bridge booty lift x 20 (mid)
- Get on your back with knees bent
- Lift your hips up as high as you can while keeping your shoulders on the ground – SQUEEZE the glutes
Exercise 6: Quadruple crunch x 10 (low)
- Lift your head and shoulders off the ground by tightening your abs
- Arms parallel to the ground
- Arms at knee level
- Arms through your knees
- Arms to the ceiling
Remember, you’re not done yet! Complete this sequence of six exercises FIVE times through!
Hey fit fam! Want a weekly email update on only my new fitness posts? Click here.