Welcome back to Workout Wednesday! I call it a hotel room workout, but it can easily be done in any situation where you’re simply short on space: staying with family, in a dorm room, on lunch in your office, etc.!
You won’t need much equipment for this workout – just a hand towel, t-shirt, or similar.
Hotel Room Workout
5 rounds, pyramid style
Round 1: 10 reps of each
Round 2: 12 reps of each
Round 3: 15 reps of each
Round 4: 12 reps of each
Round 5: 10 reps of each
Complete as quickly as possible!
Prepare: Set your hand towel or t-shirt nearby so it’s ready to use later.
Exercise 1: Chair/bed tricep dip
- Sit on the edge of a chair/bed and place your hands on either side of you
- Slide off the edge so just your hands are on the chair/bed
- The farther your feet are from your body, the more challenging this exercise will be
- Using ONLY your triceps, lower your body, then push back up to starting position
Exercise 2: Pushups
- Perform pushups with arms slightly wider than shoulder width
- Beginner modifications:
- Pushup from your hands and knees instead of hands and toes
- Pushup off the edge of an elevated surface like a chair or bed
Exercise 3: Air squats w/ glute squeeze
- Place feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart
- Squat down, and as you come back up, lift your right foot behind you, squeezing your glute
- Squat and repeat glute squeeze on the left
Exercise 4: Crunches w/ cross punch
- Lie on back with knees bent (tuck feet under furniture for more stability if desired)
- Crunch, and punch with right arm across body at top of crunch
- Repeat crunch and punch with left arm
Exercise 5: Burpee sun salutations
- Lower to pushup, then upward dog
- Push back into downward dog
- Jump forward to starting position
Exercise 6: Hand towel front raises
- At waist level, pull a towel taut between your hands
- Keeping it taut, raise it to shoulder level, then lower
Exercise 7: Air squats w/ glute squeeze (same as exercise 3)
Exercise 8: Pillow pass abs
- Lie on back and hold a pillow with arms outstretched
- Crunch upper body, bring feet up, and pass the pillow to your feet
- Crunch again and pass the pillow back to your hands
- Don’t let your head/shoulders or feet touch the ground between crunches! Mine do in the gif because it loops from the beginning.
Hey fit fam! Want a weekly email update on only my new fitness posts? Click here.