My friends! Hello! Welcome back to Workout Wednesday! This week’s workout is a great lean legs workout that you can do at home or in a gym. Some of the exercises can be done with dumbbells, so grab a pair if you want to kick it up a notch.
Like a lot of women, my thigh and butt area is my problem area – the place where most of my excess weight goes when I gain it. Luckily these areas are full of large muscle groups, so the more muscle you build there, the more calories you’ll naturally burn as you go about your day. Plus, who doesn’t want toned legs and a nice tush?
To complete this workout, repeat this series of six exercises THREE times through!
Exercise 1: Alternating dumbbell deadlifts x 10 (glutes and hamstrings)
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand and with knees slightly bent, lean forward until your upper body is parallel with the ground. Keep your neck relaxed!
- Return to beginning position by squeezing your glutes and hamstrings.
- Perform the same movement with right lifted off the ground.
- Return to beginning position. Steps 1-4 are one rep.
Exercise 2: Half burpee mountain climbers x 10 (core, shoulders, cardio)
- From standing, place hands on ground and jump feet back into a plank.
- Do 6 mountain climbers (3 each leg).
- Jump feet forward and stand back up. Steps 1-3 are one rep.
Exercise 3: Curtsy squats x 10 (glutes and quads)
- Squat, reaching right leg back and across to your left side.
- Return to standing, then repeat with left leg reaching back and to the right. Steps 1-2 are one rep.
Exercise 4: Hopscotch squats x 10 (glutes, quads, cardio)
- Do 2 low jump squats, then jump feet together.
- Do 2 high knees.
Exercise 5: Side step lunges x 10 each leg (quads and glutes)
- Lunge forward and to the right at about a 45 degree angle. Repeat on left.
- Tip: When you’re returning back to center, press with your heel, not your toe!
- Tip: Hold a dumbbell in either hand for a bigger challenge!
Exercise 6: Side glute lifts x 20 each leg (glutes)
- Using only your glute muscle, lift your right leg to the side. Repeat on left.
Repeat this series of six exercises THREE times!