This bacon and cheese frittata recipe post is sponsored by Family Dollar.
When you’re shopping for your Thanksgiving must-haves at Family Dollar this week, be sure to pick up a few grocery essentials too. You can use them to put together an impressive and delicious Thanksgiving weekend breakfast!
After all, you need a bountiful meal to fuel the family’s weekend decorating, shopping and baking adventures.
How does a breakfast frittata with bacon and cheese, freshly baked biscuits with sausage gravy and fruit fluff sound?
Bacon and Cheese Frittata Ingredients
- olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- ground red pepper
- minced onion
- shredded cheddar cheese
Biscuits and Gravy
2 8-ounce boxes Jiffy Biscuit Mix, prepared as directed
1 or 2 15 oz cans sausage gravy
Fruit Fluff Cups
30 oz can fruit cocktail, drained well
11 oz can mandarin oranges, drained well
8 oz tub whipped topping
Prepare and bake the biscuits as directed on the box. Set aside.
Heat sausage gravy. Pour into bowl with spoon to serve.
Bacon and Cheese Frittata
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 12 oz pkg bacon cooked and crumbled (reserve a handful for topping)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp ground red pepper
- ½ tsp parsley
- ¼ tsp basil
- ½ tsp minced onion
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook bacon; crumble and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron frying pan on the stove over medium high heat.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl and beat just until whites and yolks are mixed together. Don't over beat. Stir in crumbled bacon (except for reserved portion), salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, red pepper, parsley, basil and minced onion. Reduce heat slightly, and pour egg mixture into pan and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until the edges begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Place frittata into preheated oven and bake for about 15-18 minutes, sprinkling shredded cheese and remaining bacon on top during the last few minutes of cooking. Cut into wedges; serve warm.