This deluxe pizza spaghetti recipe lets you combine your love of pizza and spaghetti into one incredible pizza spaghetti casserole.
This recipe comes from a cookbook I received for review – the just-released Incredible One-Pot Cooking cookbook by Megan Marlowe and it’s full of easy, delicious recipes for exciting meals – without the mess.
All of the recipes are made in one pot and most of them come together in 30 minutes or less!
Other recipes I’m looking forward to making from the cookbook include: Charcuterie Board Stuffed Chicken, Loaded Sausage and Pierogie Soup, Peach and Ginger Barbecue Pulled Pork and Chipotle Beef Stew.
The recipes are broken into categories like chicken, seafood, meats, pasta and soup – simple and easy twists on classic faves. Get your copy at Amazon!
How to make deluxe pizza spaghetti
The first thing to do is cook the Italian sausage and then set it aside. I used links of Italian sausage but if I’d had ground sausage on hand, I definitely would have used it.
Next, you’ll saute the green peppers, onions and garlic.
Then you’ll add in the tomatoes, water, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes and uncooked spaghetti noodles.
Bring to a boil, then add in sausage and pepperoni. Cover and cook until pasta is tender – about 15 minutes.
Stir in Parmesan cheese until melted.
Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and let melt. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
Serve and enjoy!
Making substitutions in the deluxe pizza spaghetti recipe
The best part about this spaghetti recipe is that you can use your favorite pizza ingredients to create your own version of a deluxe pizza spaghetti!
For the most part, I followed the recipe as written, but instead of using ground Italian sausage, I used sliced Italian sausage links (because that’s what I had on hand).
Other add-in ideas to try are:
- Ground beef, turkey or chicken
- Ham and pineapple
- Black olives
- Canadian bacon
- Mozzarella cheese slices laid over the top instead of shredded cheese
- Ricotta cheese
- Fresh basil
- Sun-dried tomatoes
Deluxe Pizza Spaghetti
Pin this deluxe pizza spaghetti recipe to Pinterest!
Deluxe Pizza Spaghetti
- 8 oz Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper diced
- ½ medium yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 28- oz can petite diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 cup water
- ½ tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 3 oz pepperoni coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook for 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the sausage to a plate.
- In the same skillet, add oil and bring to medium-high heat. Add green bell pepper and saute three minutes. Add onion, saute another minute. Add garlic and saute one more minute.
- Add the tomatoes, water, spaghetti, Italian seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes, if using. Stir to combine. and bring the mixture to a boil. Add pepperoni and sausage. Cover and reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the spaghetti is cooked.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top before serving. Garnish with chopped parsley.