Compensation was provided by Hershey via MomTrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Hershey or Momtrends.
Valentine’s Day is coming, and what better way to delight your little ones than with a DIY Tutu Valentine’s Day basket? Imagine the wide open eyes of delight and shrieks of joy when they see their favorite candies and chocolates snuggled into a basket made just for them!
DIY Tutu Valentine’s Day Basket
1 basket with handle (see step one before choosing)
Red spray paint
2 (6-inch x 25-ft) rolls of tulle in the colors of your choice
7/8″ ribbon to wrap around handle
Hot glue and gun
Hershey’s Valentine’s Day candy
Optional: Valentine decorations to hang from basket
1. Choose a wooden basket with a handle. Important: you’ll want to make sure that the weave of the basket has some gaps in it so you can pull tulle through.
2. In a well-ventilated area or outdoors, spray a coat of glossy red spray paint over the basket. I applied two coats for the best coverage, and then let it dry overnight before moving on to the next step.
3. Cut tulle strips into 12″ lengths. (I had leftover 20″strips from a previous project so I used them, but they were way too long. I trimmed them to a length I liked, and it was about 12″, so I’d suggest using that length. Attach them using slip knots in alternating colors around the basket’s rim.
4. Continue attaching the tulle strips all the way around the entire basket. There will be gaps where the handle connects, but that’s ok. We’ll cover those up later.
5. Tie one end of the ribbon at the bottom of a handle and then wind it around the handle, tying it off at the bottom of the other side. Use hot glue to secure it if needed.
6. Cut 6″ strips of tulle as needed to fill in those gaps by the handle, and attach them using a hot glue gun along with your choice of Valentine embellishments. You could also make pretty bows from the leftover ribbon. In my case, I cut apart an adorable felt garland from the craft store, and glued the pieces on.
7. Add the perfect amount of sweetness to the DIY Tutu Valentine’s Day basket by filling it with delicious Hershey’s Valentine’s Day candy.
My great-niece and her parents all love chocolate, so along with the classic Hershey’s Milk Chocolate treats, I included some Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Hearts filled with Caramel, a Reese’s Peanut Butter 5 oz. Heart, Kit Kat bars and Jolly Rancher lollipops!
I just adore the sweet littles in my life, so making and then putting together this DIY Tutu Valentine’s Day Basket for them gave me as much happiness as they’ll experience when I give it to them and they dive into all the treats.
For even more creative ideas for Valentine’s Day celebrations, check out CelebratewithHersheys.com
Happy Valentine’s Day!