I created this garden fresh pasta salad with cilantro lime drizzle as part of Dreamfields Pastapalooza! In five weekly challenges, Dreamfields is showcasing delicious summer pasta recipes created by bloggers using market fresh ingredients.
Dreamfields would love everyone to vote for their favorite recipe. They’ll be making a $1,000 donation to the winning blogger’s local food bank and $200 donations on behalf of the runners-up. (And voters can win Dreamfields prize packs!)
If I’m lucky enough to be a winner, a donation will go to the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina. Hunger is a huge problem in the summertime, so I am thrilled to be able to help out in this way.
Update: I won and was able to donate $1000 to my local food bank!
This week’s challenge features the farm- and garden-fresh ingredients of corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, greens and herbs.
We were allowed to add up to two ingredients of our choice, and our “freebie” ingredients were Dreamfields pasta, salt, pepper, oil and water.
And so it was that my Garden Fresh Pasta Salad with Cilantro Lime Drizzle was born.
Garden Fresh Pasta Salad with Cilantro Lime Drizzle
- 1 13.25-oz box Dreamfields rotini pasta
- 2 cups fresh sweet corn cooked and removed from cob
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 5 oz pkg baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice juice of 2 limes
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Cook Dreamfields rotini pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water, drain and put in a large mixing bowl. Add corn, tomatoes, and cucumber. Toss to mix.
- In blender, mix together ingredients for salad dressing. Set aside.
- Line the bottom of serving bowls with a bed of fresh spinach greens. Spoon the pasta salad over the top. Just before serving, drizzle with the cilantro-lime dressing. Serve immediately.