This post is sponsored by Stubb’s Bar-B-Q Sauce but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Are you ready to fire up the grill for the July 4th weekend? I definitely am!
We’ll be grilling every day, and one of our favorites on repeat is this grilled honey mustard chicken recipe. Yum-mee!
The chicken gets marinated for a few hours or overnight in a flavorful honey mustard sauce I make with French’s Classic Yellow Mustard. Ooo boy, is it good!
Then when it’s time to start cooking, grill the chicken with its honey mustard marinade over the coals, and slather it with Stubb’s Original Bar-B-Q sauce for some of that authentic Texas barbeque flavor.
I ate at Stubb’s in Austin the first time about ten years ago and I’ve never forgotten that flavor. Now that I can buy it at Walmart, I’m one happy griller!
Look for it in the condiment row – not too far from the mustard.
Stubb’s Legendary Bar-B-Q sauces look fancy because they’re in a glass bottle, but that’s just how proud Stubb’s is of its big, bold flavors and all-natural ingredients. All Stubb’s sauces are gluten-free, have no MSG, no hfcs, no trans fats, and no sulfites.
Nothin’ fancy or frou-frou about Stubb’s. Just a genuinely good barbecue sauce.
All that’s left to do is throw a few sides on the plate (like grilled corn, grilled peppers and onions and a Southern biscuit) and you’re ready for a summer chow down.
The combination of honey mustard chicken marinade and a Texas-red ‘cue are everything summer is meant to be!
Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken
Pin this grilled honey mustard chicken recipe post and share it!
Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
- 2-3 lbs chicken (I used drumsticks and thighs)
- 1/3 cup classic yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- In bowl, mix together marinade ingredients and pour into sealable gallon-sized plastic bag. Add chicken pieces, seal tightly and move marinade around bag to coat chicken. Let marinate in fridge for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill. Grill chicken until done. Baste with BBQ sauce on both sides and let it caramelize a bit on the grill. Serve and enjoy.
Love grilling and marinades? Try my grilled ribeyes with beer and brown sugar marinade too!