If you’re looking for a simple and fun Halloween recipe, you can’t get easier than Halloween bark. It’s really hard to mess it up and you can make it a gazillion ways.
For instance, I love putting M&M’s in my Halloween bark and they’re constantly coming out with new flavors so my candy bark is forever changing.
Ingredients for Halloween candy bark
- chocolate for melting or candy melts
- thin pretzel sticks
How to make Halloween bark
Melt the chocolate chips or candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave at 50% power for 1 minute. If not melted, reheat at 10-15 second intervals but do not overheat.
Stir in the M&Ms and pretzel sticks then smooth the melted chocolate into candy bark molds.
I used milk chocolate M&M’s and white chocolate candy corn M&M’s, and I also used both white and milk chocolate candy melts.
Repeat for the next chocolate variety if making more than one flavor of bark for Halloween.
Put molds in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes, then separate into pieces.
Do I have to use a candy bark mold to make bark for Halloween?
Heck no. Just spread the melted chocolate over a sheet of waxed paper on a baking sheet to the thickness desired. I make my peppermint bark for Christmas without molds all the time.
Other ideas for candy bark add-ins
I encourage the use of M&Ms because they bring the festive holiday color to the bark, but there are lots of other yum-yums you could mix in as well.
- toffee bits
- Halloween sprinkles and non-pareils
- chopped nuts
- crumbled cookies
- graham cracker chunks
- pretzel twists
- Reese’s Pieces
- 12 oz chocolate chips semi-sweet, milk chocolate or vanilla chips or candy melts
- ¼ cup M&M's your favorite variety
- ¼ cup broken pretzel sticks
- Heat chocolate chips, vanilla chips or candy melts at 50% power in the microwave for about a minute to melt. If not melted, continue to heat in short 15-second intervals but don't overheat.
- Remove from fridge and break into chunks. I kinda like breaking it into irregularly shaped pieces, but I'm not the boss of you.
- Stir until smooth and then mix in the M&M's and pretzels. Pour that into candy bar molds or pour directly on waxed paper or baking sheet. Refrigerate them for about 15 minutes then break into irregularly shaped pieces.