If you’re looking for a simple and fun Halloween recipe, you can’t get easier than Halloween Bark. It’s really hard to mess it up, and you can customize it a gazillion ways.
- Chocolate for melting or candy melts
- Broken pretzels
- Optional: chocolate bark mold
Other Halloween Bark Topping Ideas
I love using M&Ms because they bring the festive holiday color to the bark and they’re pretty soft to bite into, but there are lots of other Halloween bark toppings you could mix in as well.
- Festive Halloween sprinkles
- Chopped nuts
- Toffee bits
- Crumbled cookies
- Graham cracker chunks
- Mini marshmallows
- Shredded coconut
- Potato chips
- Reese’s Pieces or any chopped candy bar chunks
- Dried cherries
How to Make Halloween Bark
Step 1: Melt the chocolate chips or candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave at 50% power for 1 minute. If not melted, reheat at 10-15 second intervals, but do not overheat.
Step 2: Stir in the M&Ms and pretzels, then smooth the melted chocolate into candy bark molds. Or just spread the melted chocolate on a piece of waxed paper and let sit to harden.
I used milk chocolate M&M’s and white chocolate candy corn M&M’s, and I also used both white and milk chocolate candy melts.
Step 3: Repeat for the next chocolate variety if making more than one flavor of Halloween chocolate bark.
Step 4: Put molds in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes, then break into pieces.
Halloween Bark Recipe FAQ
Heck no. Just spread the melted chocolate over a sheet of waxed paper on a baking sheet to the desired thickness. I make my peppermint bark for Christmas without molds all the time.
Absolutely! Use any combination of add-ins that sounds good to you!
More Halloween Recipes
- 12 oz chocolate chips semi-sweet, milk chocolate or vanilla chips or candy melts
- ¼ cup M&M’s your favorite variety
- ¼ cup broken pretzel sticks
- Heat chocolate chips, vanilla chips or candy melts at 50% power in the microwave for about a minute to melt. If not melted, continue to heat in short 15-second intervals but don't overheat.
- Remove from fridge and break into chunks. I kinda like breaking it into irregularly shaped pieces, but I’m not the boss of you.
- Stir until smooth and then mix in the M&M's and pretzels. Pour that into candy bar molds or pour directly on waxed paper or baking sheet. Refrigerate them for about 15 minutes then break into irregularly shaped pieces.