This mummy cookies recipe was made for Halloween Treats week. I had so much fun making these little monster mummy truffles. I think they’d be perfect for Halloween parties; kids will love them!
They’re really easy to make and it’s lots of fun to smoosh and roll the cookie crumbs and cream cheese into the little round mummy cookie balls.
Aren’t they cute?
Ingredients for mummy cookies
- Oreo cookies
- cream cheese
- white candy melts
- candy eyeballs
How to make mummy cookies
Step 1: Crush the Oreos in a food processor until they become fine crumbs. If you’d rather do it by hand, you can put the cookies in a heavy-duty sealable freezer bag and use a rolling pin to crush them.
Step 2: In a mixer, cream together the cream cheese and cookie crumbs until thoroughly blended. Roll into balls and place on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Freeze for 10 minutes.
Step 3: Melt the white candy melts according to package directions and then roll each of the mummy cookies in the melted candy until covered. Let excess drip off and lay on cookie sheet. For the easiest and prettiest results, I love using my melter. It’s the best invention ever!
Step 4: Make the bandages. Using a toothpick or wooden skewer, use the melted candy to paint ragged bandages side to side across the mummy truffles. Technically you could pipe the candy from side to side but I like using a toothpick because the bandages look more old and worn.
Step 5: Add the candy eyeballs using a little of the melted candy as adhesive.
How to store mummy bites
Store the cookie balls in the refrigerator and allow them to sit out for a bit before serving (to take the chill off).
Pin the mummy bites recipe!
- 1 12-oz pkg chocolate sandwich cookies
- 6-oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 pkg Wilton candy melts, white
- 1 pkg Wilton candy eyes
- Use a food processor to crush cookies into fine crumbs.
- Use a mixer or your hands to combine cookie crumbs and cream cheese until thoroughly mixed. Roll into balls and place on parchment-paper-lined cookie sheet. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Melt Wilton candy melts according to package directions. Roll each cookie ball in melted candy until coated. Let excess drip off and place on cookie sheet. Let candy coating firm up a bit. Using a toothpick, paint ragged lines of melted candy side to side over the dipped cookie ball to resemble bandages. Use a bit of melted candy to attach two eyes to each mummy bite. Store in the refrigerator.