This mummy bites recipe was made for #HalloweenTreatsWeek.
Halloween is nearly here, and what better way to celebrate than with monstrously delicious mummy bites cookie balls!
They’re really easy to make and lots of fun because there’s smooshing and rolling of cookie crumbs and cream cheese into perfectly sized mummy bite balls.
And once they’ve been dipped, you’ll want to add some ragged bandages to your mummy bites, so dip a toothpick in the melted candy and paint them side to side over the surface of the cookie ball.
Add candy eyeballs and your mummy bites are done!
Aren’t they cute?
Pin the mummy bites recipe!
- 1 12-oz pkg chocolate sandwich cookies
- 6-oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 pkg Wilton candy melts, white
- 1 pkg Wilton candy eyes
Use a food processor to crush cookies into fine crumbs.
Use a mixer or your hands to combine cookie crumbs and cream cheese until thoroughly mixed. Roll into balls and place on parchment-paper-lined cookie sheet. Freeze for 10 minutes.
Melt Wilton candy melts according to package directions. Roll each cookie ball in melted candy until coated. Let excess drip off and place on cookie sheet. Let candy coating firm up a bit. Using a toothpick, paint ragged lines of melted candy side to side over the dipped cookie ball to resemble bandages. Use a bit of melted candy to attach two eyes to each mummy bite. Store in the refrigerator.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Melting Ghost Hot Chocolate from Big Bear’s Wife
- Day of the Dead Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes from Pook’s Pantry
- Devilish Halloween Deviled Eggs from Pastry Chef Online
- Candy Corn Layer Cake from ReciPEAs
- Cauldron Cupcakes from Mrs Happy Homemaker
- Black Magic Skull Cakes from Sugar Dish Me
- Frankenstein’s Monster Pudding Cups from I am a Honey Bee
- Halloween Sprinkle Cookie Cake from Love and Confections
- Chocolate Dipped Brownie Pops for Halloween from Southern From Scratch
- Creepy Crawly Dirt Cup Pudding Parfaits from 4 Sons R Us
- “Guts” Cinnamon Rolls from A Blender Mom
- Creepy Eyeball Donuts from Daily Dish Recipes
- Mummy Bites from Eat Move Make
- Monkey Brain Bread from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Cookie Pizza from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Boo Berry Pie from Kudos Kitchen
- Monster Donuts from The Baking Fairy
- Boogeyman Brew from Who Needs A Cape?
- Purple People Eater Thumbprints from The Spiffy Cookie
- Hocus Pocus Halloween Decorated Pretzels from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Black and Orange Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Skeleton Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Monster Mash Cake from Mildly Meandering
- Graveyard Skillet Brownies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Blood-Red Pomegranate Margarita from The Redhead Baker
- Halloween Snoballs from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Chocolate Cherry Hand Pies from House of Nash Eats
- Halloween Dunkaroo Dip from Savory Experiments
- Bloody Eyeball Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes from Katie’s Cucina
- Eye Scream Sundae from For the Love of Food