This mummy bites recipe was made for #HalloweenTreatsWeek.
Halloween is nearly here, and what better way to celebrate than with monstrously delicious mummy bites cookie balls!
They’re really easy to make and lots of fun because there’s smooshing and rolling of cookie crumbs and cream cheese into perfectly sized mummy bite balls.
And once they’ve been dipped, you’ll want to add some ragged bandages to your mummy bites, so dip a toothpick in the melted candy and paint them side to side over the surface of the cookie ball.
Add candy eyeballs and your mummy bites are done!
Aren’t they cute?
Pin the mummy bites recipe!
- 1 12-oz pkg chocolate sandwich cookies
- 6-oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 pkg Wilton candy melts, white
- 1 pkg Wilton candy eyes
- Use a food processor to crush cookies into fine crumbs.
- Use a mixer or your hands to combine cookie crumbs and cream cheese until thoroughly mixed. Roll into balls and place on parchment-paper-lined cookie sheet. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Melt Wilton candy melts according to package directions. Roll each cookie ball in melted candy until coated. Let excess drip off and place on cookie sheet. Let candy coating firm up a bit. Using a toothpick, paint ragged lines of melted candy side to side over the dipped cookie ball to resemble bandages. Use a bit of melted candy to attach two eyes to each mummy bite. Store in the refrigerator.