If you’ve never tried Symphony Brownies, you’ve been missing out on one of the most amazing chocolate experiences of your life.
Here’s the thing; they’re made with an ordinary box brownie mix, but they’re not ordinary. Far from it.
Symphony bar brownies are rich, thick chewy brownies with a chocolate and toffee candy bar layer in the middle for extra wow!
Ingredients for Symphony Bar Brownies
How to Make Symphony Bar Brownies
Step 1: Prepare the brownie batter as directed on the package. Pour into a greased 9 x 9-inch baking pan.
Step 2: Press the Symphony bars down into the brownie batter.
Step 3: Spread the brownie batter over the top of the candy bars.
Step 4: Bake according to package directions. Let cool completely before cutting.
Once you’ve tried brownies with candy bars, you’ll be hooked for life! The toffee bar middle is everything.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m super partial to Ghirardelli brownie mixes so that’s what I always use but honestly, you can use any brownie mix in a box (not a pouch).
Look for the XL Symphony Toffee Bar – 4.25 oz. It has a tan wrapper with blue lettering.
Use a plastic disposable knife to cut brownies. Try it; it works beautifully!
- 1 18 oz pkg Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownies mix or your favorite boxed variety
- ¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 4.25 oz Symphony Toffee Bars
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Stir water, oil and egg together in a medium bowl. Add the brownie mix and stir until well blended. Pour into a greased 9 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Press the Symphony bars down into the brownie batter, spreading brownie batter over the top of the candy bars.
- Bake 39-43 minutes. Don't overbake; brownies will appear underdone but cool to doneness. Let cool completely before cutting.