This recipe post is sponsored by Harris Teeter.
I must admit, I don’t love everything about winter. I do not love the cold temperatures. I do not love the lack of sunshine. But there is one thing about winter that tickles my fancy: SOUP. Especially this creamy vegan cauliflower rice soup I recently came up with. It’s warming, it’s a fantastic way to use up odds and ends from your fridge and pantry, and it’s great left over! Long story short, I think this soup is going to tickle your fancy, too.
Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Rice Soup
I hinted at it above, but this soup is a great way to make use of the carrots, celery, and onion you no doubt have hanging around the kitchen. All you need to complete this savory, filling meal is a few basics from the Harris Teeter Organics line: vegetable broth, jasmine rice, and garbanzo beans!
The entire Harris Teeter Organics line is reasonably priced and every product comes with a satisfaction guarantee, meaning you’ll get a replacement AND your money back if you’re not happy. It makes organic food more accessible because it allows people (like me!) to purchase organic products without breaking the bank. Get recipes and learn more about HT Organics here!
Not only is it good for you, but this creamy vegan cauliflower rice soup is also super simple to make. The only prep work you need to do is to dice the fresh veggies and open, rinse, and drain your can of HT Organics garbanzo beans!
I made this for my decidedly non-plant-based family one lazy Sunday afternoon and I am proud to report that they all loved it! I wasn’t kind enough to leave them with the leftovers, though. Those are for ME.
Your family will love it too. It’s warming, hearty, and comforting just like the chicken noodle soup you remember from childhood. Oh, by the way! If you’re looking for something more traditional (read: non-vegan), check out our recipe for Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup.
Creamy Vegan Cauliflower and Rice Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/2 head cauliflower rinsed and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 15-oz can Harris Teeter Organics garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or flour
- 6 cups Harris Teeter Organics Vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup Harris Teeter Organics jasmine rice, cooked
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Add oil to a large stockpot; heat over medium heat. Add diced celery, carrots, and onion. Cook until onions are translucent and veggies are soft. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt while cooking.
- Stir cornstarch or flour into mirepoix. Add vegetable broth. Add salt to taste. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Add cauliflower, garbanzo beans, rice, 1 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and cayenne. Cover and continue simmering over low heat for 30-45 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.