I’ve partnered with Clabber Girl for this homemade toffee recipe as part of an Influencer Activation and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
I love making homemade toffee and it’s always a huge holiday hit when I add it to my cookie trays and dessert plates.
But this year I took my homemade toffee recipe to a whole new flavor zone with the addition of BAILEYS® Original Irish Cream Baking Chips.
New BAILEYS® Original Irish Cream Baking Chips are non-alcoholic, kosher dairy, semi-sweet baking chips that unleash true indulgence by bringing the smooth taste of BAILEYS® into your favorite homemade treats.
The premium baking chips made by Clabber Girl melt as easily and smoothly as any of the chocolate chips I’ve used in the past, so try them! They’re available online and in-store at Walmart – super convenient!
And definitely grab a bag to make this homemade toffee!
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE TOFFEE
Making candy isn’t hard at all, I promise. It just requires your undivided attention and a willingness to stir, stir, stir.
It’s important that you get the almonds and pecans roasted and chopped and have your bag of BAILEYS® Original Irish Cream Baking Chips ready to go, because when the toffee’s cooked, it’s GAME ON.
The first thing you need to do is sprinkle your roasted almonds all over a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. There’s no need to spray it as the toffee will come off easily.
Some people like to use whole almonds on this layer. I prefer my nuts to be in smaller chunks, so I use the pulse setting of my food processor to break most of them down.
I put the pecans in my food processor too but I crush them into fine pieces.
Next, you’ll add the butter, sugar, vanilla and salt to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until the butter melts.
Get ready because when the butter melts completely, you’ll need to stir continuously until the mixture reaches 290° (soft-crack stage) on a candy thermometer. The mixture will turn almond brown and you’ll know it’s getting close when it starts to smoke.
Immediately pour and spread it over the almonds on your prepared baking sheet. Don’t stop to scrape the pan; just pour.
Sprinkle the entire bag of BAILEYS® Original Irish Cream Baking Chips on top of the toffee and let sit for a minute or two before using a spatula to spread the melting chocolate out.
Immediately sprinkle the crushed pecans over the top of the BAILEYS layer, then let sit for a few hours to completely harden. If you’re impatient (like me), speed things up by placing the baking sheet in the fridge for an hour or so.
Once the homemade toffee has hardened completely, break it apart into irregular bite-sized pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Pin this homemade toffee recipe to Pinterest!
Other Recipes You’ll Love
Homemade Toffee with BAILEYS Original Irish Cream Baking Chips
- 1 cup almonds roasted and chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter cut into chunks
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 12 oz. package BAILEYS Original Irish Cream Baking Chips
- 1 cup pecans crushed
- Sprinkle almonds onto foil-lined 9×13-inch rimmed baking sheet.
- In medium saucepan combine butter chunks, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Cook over medium-high until butter is melted, stirring frequently.
- Once butter is nearly melted, stir continuously until mixture reaches 290 degrees on a candy thermometer. It will turn brown and begin to smoke shortly before it's done (Depending on stove, takes up to 10 minutes or so). Immediately remove from heat and pour over almonds on baking sheet. Don't stop to scrape pan; just pour.
- Sprinkle BAILEYS Original Irish Cream Baking Chips over the toffee. Wait a minute or so and then spread the melting chips in an even layer. Sprinkle pecans on top. Let cool completely, then break into iregular bite-sized pieces. Store in an airtight container. .