This summer snacks post was sponsored by Walmart as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Summertime get-togethers are made of sunshine, warm temperatures and casual, fun settings with yummy food. For meals, my charcoal grill is always at the ready, but I also like having light, bite-sized summer snacks around that people can pick at throughout the day. I try to choose complementary flavors in my snacks too, so everything anyone grabs will taste good together.
For summer snacks and party essentials, you can’t beat Walmart because they always have the newest items and the most flavor varieties. It helps me keep my party spread unique and interesting every time!
Easy Summer Snacks
Include summer snacks that crunch.
Blue Diamond Nut-Thins are made with Real Blue Diamond® Almonds so you already know they’re going to be good before you even bite into their crispy, crunchy yumminess. They’re also wheat and gluten-free with no artificial flavors, so you can feel extra good about choosing them.
Take seasoning up a notch.
Elevate seemingly simple summer snacks when you’re entertaining friends and family by serving high-quality Nonpareil almonds with chef-inspired seasonings. The handcrafted flawlessly seasoned Blue Diamond Gourmet Almonds can be enjoyed on their own or paired with numerous other fine foods.
I highly recommend the Gourmet Garlic, Herb, and Olive Oil Almonds. It tastes like the olive oil dip served with warm bread in Italian restaurants. Soooo good!
Break out a hearty dip.
I’m obsessed with hummus, and Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is full of zing and makes a great summer dip for poolside, picnics and backyard bashes. It tastes great with fresh veggies, proteins like chicken wings and meatballs, and it’s delicious when scooped up with Nut-Thins. Anyone who ever thought hummus was boring needs to try this!
Serve a robust summer soup.
Yes, you can have your soup and summer too. Try this fire roasted tomato basil soup – a light yet savory garden soup bursting with fresh flavor!
To make the soup, you’ll break apart a bunch of Almond Nut-Thins. Feel free to munch while you work… I did.
The crackers become part of your soup!
Fire Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
Fire Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar or to taste
- 25 Blue Diamond Nut-Thins Original coarsely broken
- 2 14.5 oz cans fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Heat olive oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion -- cook 5 minutes to soften; stir in garlic.
- Add broth, sugar, Nut-Thins and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 45 minutes.
- Carefully puree in blender or with an immersion blender. Add basil and pulse on and off to chop. Place back in saucepan and cook for 10 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with additional Nut-Thins, if desired.