This hot fudge mud pie recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
My chocolate lover’s dream dessert starts with a brownie-like pie oozing with hot fudge sauce and then lavished with just the right amount of cool, whipped cream. Since the perfect dessert has a cherry on top… well, there you have it… a hot fudge mud pie you have to taste to believe.
It’s super easy to make too. No muss and fuss with this recipe, I promise! Mix up the batter and bake it in a pie pan.
Poke holes in the hot cake.
And carefully spread a heap of hot fudge sauce over the whole shebang.
Once it’s cooled, you can add the whipped topping and drop on a few maraschino cherries. (Hint: Dry the cherries with a paper towel, so they don’t bleed all over the whipped cream.) Store in the fridge until ready to eat.
Slice and devour!
Hot Fudge Mud Pie
Scroll to the bottom for the hot fudge mud pie recipe!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Watergate Salad Pudding Popsicles from Daily Dish Recipes
Pies of Summer:
- Hot Fudge Mud Pie from Eat Move Make
- Strawberry Banana Brownie Parfaits from Big Bear’s Wife
- Creamy Key Lime Curd Parfaits from Pastry Chef Online
Pin the hot fudge mud pie recipe for later!
Hot Fudge Mud Pie
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce
- 1 8-oz tub whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease an 8" round cake pan.
- Mix sugar, butter, flour, cocoa, salt, vanilla and eggs together. Pour into greased cake pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and prick holes in cake surface. Spread hot fudge sauce carefully over the top while cake is still hot. Let cool completely.
- Top with whipped cream and maraschino cherries. Store in refrigerator.