This year for the holidays, I’m serving Betty Crocker Au Gratin Potatoes Sausage Casserole.
I’ve always had trouble getting my kids to eat breakfast on Christmas morning. Who wants to stop and eat when there are stockings to open and gifts to unwrap? But I’ve learned that if I pop something in the oven while the holiday merriment is underway, the wafting aroma will finally have them asking for breakfast.
I’ve been enjoying Betty Crocker™ Potato Mixes since childhood when they made regular appearances on the dinner table, and for years I’ve been eating them directly as prepared on the box. They’re tasty!
But I love to play around with potato side dish recipes, so I thought to myself….what else could I make with Betty Crocker™ Au Gratin Potatoes? Sausage casserole popped into my head, and that was that.
Christmas breakfast 2014.
Betty Crocker Au Gratin Potatoes Sausage Casserole
Step 1: Get your Betty on. Prepare the potatoes exactly as the box tells you to, but don’t bake them yet!
Step 2: Add your fixins. I used a spicy breakfast sausage, chopped green peppers and diced onions. You can do a mild sausage if your tastebuds demand it, and you can throw any other fixins into the casserole that your little heart desires.
Step 3: Now bake your Betty.
Step 4: You’re on your own. Pick up your fork and get to it!
Betty Crocker Potato Mixes use 100% real potatoes for the best flavor available.
Try the 11 different varieties of casserole potatoes: Au Gratin, Scalloped, Three Cheese, Cheesy Scalloped, Julienne, Loaded Casserole, Sour Cream & Chives, Parmesan & Asiago, Cheesy Hashbrown, Cheddar Bacon and Roasted Garlic.
Betty Crocker Au Gratin Potatoes & Sausage CasserolePerk up a package of Betty Crocker Au Gratin Potatoes and Sausage perks up the classic potatoes and turns it into the ultimate breakfast casserole.
- 1 pkg Betty Crocker Au Gratin Potatoes
- 1/2 pound spicy or mild breakfast sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/4 cup diced onionAll information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only and nutrition may vary according to exact products and the online nutrition calculator being used. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on EatMoveMake.com should only be used as a general guideline.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cook ground sausage, and drain off extra grease. Set aside.
- Prepare Betty Crocker Au Gratin Potatoes, as directed on box prior to baking.
- Stir in sausage, green peppers and diced onion. Bake potatoes as directed on package. Stir before serving.
NutritionCalories: 232.58kcalCarbohydrates: 23.09gProtein: 9gFat: 12.05gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 32.66mgSodium: 739.03mgPotassium: 557.21mgFiber: 1.26gSugar: 0.52gVitamin A: 61.58IUVitamin C: 6.9mgCalcium: 4.08mgIron: 0.5mgTried this recipe?Let us know how it was!