This loaded breakfast casserole post was sponsored by Better Than Bouillon as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
What could be yummier than a bacon sausage egg casserole with potatoes and cheese?
Not much, folks, not much.
What I really like about this egg casserole is that it looks impressive but it uses common refrigerator, freezer and pantry staples, one of my favorites being Better Than Bouillon. Yes, I did buy it the first time as part of a sponsored campaign, but I like it so well that I’ve been buying it ever since. Seriously!
Have you ever made a recipe and you think it’s missing “something”? Try adding Better Than Bouillon to help boost the flavor of your food!
My favorite Better Than Bouillon flavor is Roasted Chicken.
I never have to buy chicken broth for my favorite recipes anymore because I can make my own in seconds with Better Than Bouillon. It’s a paste, not a powder so it dissolves soooooo much easier and I just keep it in my fridge between uses.
It’s super easy to use and integrate into your favorite dishes, and it really helps your meals come to life with delicious flavor. One of my favorite ways to use it is in casseroles and it works beautifully in this loaded breakfast casserole.
I add it to the roux and it brings a warm, hearty robust flavor to the breakfast bake.
Betcha never thought to use Better Than Bouillon in egg casserole before, did ya? It’s a game-changer, y’all.
My family couldn’t stop oohing and aahing over the taste. Positively scrumptious!
Make-Ahead Breakfast Bake Directions
Prepare as directed but instead of baking, cover tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate until ready to bake. Make sure to preheat oven and allow a few extra minutes of bake time as ingredients will be starting out cold instead of hot.
Try my other recipes made using Better Than Bouillon:
Pumpkin Pasta with Crispy Fried Sage and Pine Nuts
Visit the Better Than Bouillon website for more information on this must-have pantry staple.
Loaded Breakfast Casserole
Pin this bacon sausage egg casserole recipe to Pinterest!
- 6 cups potatoes boiled and cubed
- ½ pound spicy breakfast sausage cooked
- 16 ounces bacon cooked and chopped, divided
- ½ cup yellow onion diced
- 2 serrano peppers diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Better than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base
- 3 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 6 eggs beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a casserole dish with baking spray; set aside.
- Add Better than Bouillon to water, stirring until dissolved. Set aside. In separate large bowl, combine cooked potatoes, bacon (reserve some for topping), sausage and eggs. Set aside.
- Add butter to large skillet over medium heat. Add flour; whisking and cooking for a minute before adding the milk and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, whisking regularly. Once mixture reaches boil, reduce to simmer and continue whisking until mixture thickens and coats back of spoon (about 7-10 minutes). Add 2 1/2 cups of the cheese, stirring to blend as it melts. Remove sauce from heat.
- Stir in pepper and dried cilantro. Stir in meat mixture, combining well. Pour everything into a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese and bacon on top and bake for 50 minutes or until it's turning brown and bubbly.