This vegetarian skillet lasagna with spinach, tomatoes and cheese is creamy, delicious and oh, so satisfying.
Made in less than 30 minutes on the stove in a single skillet, it’s a quick and easy meal that looks and tastes impressive.
What you’ll need to make this one pan lasagna
- Vegetable broth – I usually mix my own but store-bought ready-to-use is absolutely fine.
- Oven-ready lasagna noodles – aka no boil lasagna noodles
- Cream of mushroom soup – I prefer the regular, not the low-sodium version
- Diced tomatoes – I use Italian-style diced tomatoes
- Frozen chopped spinach – thawed and well-drained
- Ricotta cheese – lends a delicious creaminess to the sauce
- Mozzarella cheese – use shredded or thinly sliced mozzarella
- Oregano – dried oregano works great, but you could use fresh if you have it
- Red pepper flakes – optional, but I like the zestiness it brings to the skillet lasagna
How to make an easy skillet lasagna
Start by bringing the vegetable broth to a boil and then stir in the broken lasagna pieces and cook until the noodles are tender.
Add the tomatoes, spinach and cream of mushroom soup and let that cook for a few minutes before adding in the ricotta cheese and stirring until fully blended.
Then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, oregano and red pepper flakes.
Cover and leave on stove until cheese is melty.
It’s absolutely delicious and a family favorite!
Can I freeze and reheat vegetarian skillet lasagna?
Absolutely! I freeze individual portions of lasagna in microwaveable containers and heat them with “reheat sensor” on my microwave (with the lid vented). Results may vary depending on the microwave. This is the microwave I have. I absolutely love it!
Can I add meat?
Of course! Ground beef or ground sausage would be delicious in this recipe.
Vegetarian Skillet Lasagna
Vegetarian Skillet Lasagna
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 16 oz box uncooked no-boil lasagna noodles broken into pieces
- 1 10 3/4 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, with juice Italian style
- 1 10 oz pkg frozen chopped spinach thawed and well drained
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- pinch dried oregano
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Heat broth in large skillet over medium-high heat, bringing to a boil. Add lasagna pieces to broth. Reduce heat to low and cook until noodles are tender.
- Stir soup, tomatoes and spinach into the skillet. Cook until mixture is hot and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Stir in ricotta cheese.
- Sprinkle on mozzarella cheese, oregano and red pepper flakes. Cover and let sit until mozzarella cheese is melty.
Pin this vegetarian skillet lasagna recipe to Pinterest!
Love lasagna recipes?