This pepperoni white pizza skillet recipe is a wonderfully comforting pepperoni pizza casserole.
It has the creamy goodness of cream of mushroom soup, the warmth of melted cheese, the zing of pepperoni and the feel-good comfort of twirly pasta.
Ingredients for pepperoni white pizza skillet
- sliced pepperoni
- olive oil
- chopped onion
- minced garlic
- dried oregano
- cream of mushroom soup
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- shredded Mozzarella cheese
- black pepper
- canned chunk chicken breast (or shredded cooked chicken)
- rotini pasta
- diced tomatoes with green chiles
How to Make Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
Chop the pepperoni. Sometimes I reserve a dozen or so round slices to put on top of the finished pasta skillet for a little flourish.
Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and saute the onion for several minutes until tender. Add the garlic; saute another minute, then stir in the soup, oregano, black pepper, milk, Parmesan cheese and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Bring to a boil.
Stir in the tomatoes, chicken, pasta and chopped pepperoni.
Reduce heat to a simmer, and sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top and then the reserved pepperoni slices. Cover and cook until the mixture is heated through.
You won’t soon forget this warm and cheesy pepperoni casserole.
It’s happiness in your tummy.
Pepperoni Casserole Substitutions and Additions
Kick up the heat with a little cayenne pepper or some red pepper flakes.
Use fresh tomato instead of canned tomatoes.
Up the “heat” factor by using diced tomatoes with habaneros.
Try it with chopped turkey instead of chicken.
What to serve with pepperoni white pizza skillet
Other recipes with pepperoni slices you’ll enjoy
- Pepperoni flatbread roll-ups
- Deluxe pizza spaghetti
- Spicy spaghetti pie
- Pepperoni spasagna
- Italian stuffed peppers
- Supreme pizza bread bowls
Pepperoni White Pizza Skillet
- 3.5 oz sliced pepperoni divided
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 10 3/4 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 10 oz can premium chunk white meat chicken or 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 16 oz rotini pasta cooked and drained
- 1 10 oz can diced tomato with green chiles
- Reserve 10-12 slices of pepperoni. Coarsely chop the remaining pepperoni.
- Cook rotini pasta according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onions for several minutes until tender. Add the garlic; saute one minute.
- Add the soup, milk, Parmesan cheese, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, oregano and black pepper and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the chicken, chopped pepperoni, rotini and tomatoes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Top with the reserved pepperoni slices. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook until mixture is hot.