This easy smores cake recipe is a spin-off of my smores brownies recipe. They’re both delicious; you just have to decide if you’re in more of a cake mood or a brownie mood.
I’m in a cake mood this week so smores cake, here we go.
What’s not to love about a devilishly rich chocolate cake topped with graham cracker crumble topping and ooey, gooey, melted marshmallows?!
Ingredients for Smores Cake
- Devil’s Food chocolate cake mix
- graham cracker crumbs
- mini chocolate chips
How to Make S’mores Cake
Mix together cake mix, eggs and water in the baking dish until well blended.
Stir in marshmallows, dispersing them evenly.
Bake the smores cake until it’s nearly done.
Sprinkle on graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips and the remaining marshmallows.
Bake for another 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
If you have a metal pan, you can pop it under the broiler to toast the tops of the marshmallows, if desired.
If you have a glass dish, DO NOT PLACE IT UNDER THE BROILER. You can use a cooking torch instead.
Or you can just leave them alone.
No matter what, you’re going to have a smores cake to wow your family and friends.
It’s absolutely delicious.
Top with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Drizzle with hot fudge.
Drizzle with caramel.
Top a thick vanilla milkshake with a s’mores cake square.
Cut into tiny squares and place in a small dessert dish layered with whipped cream and a handful of fresh raspberries.
Eat it warm from the oven as is!
Storing smores cake
Cover tightly with plastic wrap or store in an airtight container for two or three days, but it’s always going to be best when served the same day it’s baked.
Easy S'mores Cake
- 1 15.25 oz pkg Devil's food chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup mini milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray. (If you want to toast the marshmallows under the broiler later, use a metal pan.)
- Dump dry cake mix, eggs and water into baking dish. Whisk until well blended, scraping down sides.
- Stir in 1 cup mini marshmallow, spreading evenly.
- Bake about 20 minutes until nearly done. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips and remaining 1 1/4 cups marshmallows over top and bake another 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Place under broiler briefly to toast marshmallows.