This Spicy Spaghetti Pie recipe puts a zesty, exciting twist on traditional spaghetti pie and there are only six ingredients!
That’s a big dang deal.
After all, it’s usually a tantalizing photo that inspires me to look closer at a recipe, but if there’s a mile long list of ingredients, nine times out of ten I’m outta there. Not only do I not have the patience, I don’t have the budget right now to be cooking with a zillion ingredients for a single meal.
Long story short, I adapted this recipe from the Six Ingredient Cookbook and I love the cookbook. Pretty sure you will too.
Ingredients for spaghetti pie
- thin spaghetti
- sliced pepperoni
- arrabbiata sauce (You don’t have to use a spicy sauce. Choose a traditional marinara if you prefer.)
- fresh basil
- shredded Mozzarella cheese
How to make zesty spaghetti pie
Chop up some pepperoni and then cook until crisp… Mmm that blends beautifully with the arrabbiata sauce.
Put the crispy pepperoni, arrabbiata, Mexican cheese, fresh basil and pasta together in a big ol’ pot and stir it up.
Pour the pasta mixture into a greased pie plate.
Use a spatula to flatten the surface so that when it’s sliced later, it will hold together nicely. Now it’s time to bake the spicy spaghetti pie!
Once out of the oven, sprinkle on some additional chopped fresh basil.
Cut into slices, serve with the remaining sauce and enjoy!
The recipe said it made four servings. Feeling sassy, I sliced mine into eight. Oops, one slice wasn’t enough; I went back for a second…so yeah, the recipe serves four.
Try these other pasta recipes too:
- Spaghetti noodle soup with meatballs
- Deluxe pizza spaghetti
- Linguine with basil and brie
- Penne with pumpkin sauce
- Ham and bowtie pasta
- Garlic broccoli pasta
- Grilled summertime veggies with pasta
- Kickin’ chili mac pasta skillet
Spicy Spaghetti Pie Recipe
- 12 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3.5 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1 25 oz jar arrabbiata sauce divided
- ½ cup fresh basil divided
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 475 degrees. Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot. Add pasta and 1 tablespoon salt and cook, stirring often, until nearly al dente. Drain pasta and return it to pot.
- Finely chop pepperoni and cook in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 2 minutes. Stir in 2 cups arrabbiata sauce and bring to simmer.
- Chop 1/2 cup basil.
- Add pepperoni sauce, Mexican cheese blend, and most but not all of the basil to pasta and toss to combine. Transfer pasta to greased 9-inch pie plate and press with spatula to flatten surface.
- Bake until golden and bubbling around edges about 15 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Reheat remaining arrabbiata sauce in microwave. Slice pie into wedges and serve with extra sauce.
Leave a Reply