You know what I love most about this ham and bowtie pasta casserole? The obvious answer is that it’s a casserole (most of us born-and-raised Midwesterners love some casseroles), but in this recipe, it’s the green peas that make me the happiest.
I love biting into a pea and feeling that pop. Weird, right?
Can’t help it.
Ingredients for ham and pasta casserole
- farfalle pasta (bowties)
- chopped ham
- cream of chicken soup
- chopped green chiles
- frozen peas
- shredded Mexican-blend cheese
How to make ham and bowtie pasta casserole
So, the beauty of casseroles is that it’s kinda hard to screw them up. You can pretty much toss any ol’ ingredient you have lying around in there, so if you’re not a pea popper, it’s ok. Just toss in whatever you like.
I chopped up leftover ham, but you could make this with ground beef, ground turkey or even chicken. I’m tellin’ ya… casseroles are forgiving.
Toss anything in.
Or just follow this recipe to make the ham pasta casserole exactly like I did. Yummy!
Start by cooking the pasta according to package directions. Rinse in cold water to stop it from cooking; drain and add to casserole dish. Add remaining ingredients and mix together. Cover and bake!
Other casseroles you’ll love
- Mock chow mein casserole
- American goulash
- Cheesy chicken noodle casserole
- Chicken pot pie noodle casserole
- Cheesy chicken corn casserole
- Deluxe pizza spaghetti
- Chicken orzo casserole
Ham and Bowtie Pasta Casserole
- 8 oz farfalle pasta bowties
- 2 cups chopped leftover ham
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup milk
- 1 4.5 oz can chopped green chiles
- 1 16 ounce pkg frozen peas thawed (A 12-ounce bag will work too)
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Mix all ingredients together into a large casserole dish.
- Cover and bake 45-50 minutes.