You know what I love most about this ham and bowtie pasta casserole? The obvious answer is that it’s a casserole (most of us born-and-raised Midwesterners love us some casseroles), but in this recipe, it’s the green peas that make me the happiest.
I love biting into a pea and feeling that pop. Weird, right?
Can’t help it.
Ham and Bowtie Pasta Casserole
So, the beauty of casseroles is that it’s kinda hard to screw them up. You can pretty much toss any ol’ ingredient you have lying around in there, so if you’re not a pea popper, it’s ok. Just toss in whatever you like.
I chopped up leftover ham, but you could make this with ground beef, ground turkey or even chicken. I’m tellin’ ya… casseroles are forgiving.
Toss anything in.
Or just follow this recipe to make the ham and bowtie pasta casserole exactly like I did. Yummy!
- 8 oz farfalle pasta (bowties)
- 2 cups chopped leftover ham
- 1 10.5oz can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup milk
- 1 4.5 oz can chopped green chiles
- 16 frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Mix all ingredients together into a large casserole dish.
- Cover and bake 45-50 minutes.