This Chicken Spaghetti with Rotel and Velveeta recipe combines the comfort of creamy pasta with a zesty kick of flavor from the spicy tomatoes. The dynamic duo of Rotel tomatoes and Velveeta cheese are so perfect together in this feel-good 30-minute recipe, and the bacon adds a hint of smokiness. Chicken spaghetti casserole is also a great way to use up leftover chicken.
Try this Velveeta Fudge too!
Why We Love This Recipe
- Comforting and satisfying – Chicken spaghetti is feel-good food that soothes the soul.
- All-in-one meal – a complete meal in one go! (This deluxe pizza spaghetti is a one-pan meal too!)
- Zesty flavor – the kick of heat tingles tastebuds in the best way.
- Easy and convenient – ready in about 30 minutes with commonly available ingredients.
- Family-friendly – This recipe tends to be a hit with all ages. The creamy and mildly spicy flavors, along with the comforting textures, make it a crowd-pleaser for family meals.
- Spaghetti – Regular or thin, your choice.
- Velveeta – Cut the Velveeta cheese into small cubes.
- Cream of chicken soup – Can be substituted with cream of mushroom or even cream of celery.
- Rotel diced tomatoes with green chiles – Available in mild, medium or hot. I love Rotel with diced tomatoes and habaneros for extra heat. Most stores offer their own version of diced tomatoes with green chiles as well.
- Milk – You can add more milk if you prefer a thinner sauce.
- Chicken – Chicken can either be prepared for this recipe, then cooked and chopped, or you can use leftover chicken. You could also use canned chicken.
- Bacon – Cooked and crumbled; about 1/2 cup. I always have cooked bacon in the freezer to use in recipes.
- Jalapenos – optional, but if you love things spicy, add some fresh jalapenos on top after baking.
Easy Chicken Spaghetti Recipe Directions
Step 1: Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain, rinse in cold water, and drain again. Meanwhile, add Velveeta cubes, cream of chicken soup, milk and Rotel tomatoes to a skillet. Cook and stir over med to med-high heat until Velveeta is completely melted and the mixture is well blended.
Step 2: Stir in the cooked chicken, half of the bacon crumbles, and the cooked pasta.
Step 3: Spread mixture into a lightly greased casserole dish. Cover and bake the Rotel chicken spaghetti for about 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Step 4: Top with the remaining crumbled bacon and add diced fresh jalapenos, if desired.
Prepare the recipe as directed and place it in the prepared casserole dish. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Preheat oven to 350°; cover and bake the casserole for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 2 months. Cover and reheat in the microwave. Note that the sauce texture will be thicker and not as creamy upon reheating.
Rotel comes in mild, medium, and hot versions, so choose the level of heat that’s best for you. You can also add more diced green chiles and/or jalapenos to up the spiciness.
If you can’t find Rotel tomatoes (or the store brand equivalent), you can substitute them with a can of diced tomatoes and add a small amount of diced green chilies or jalapenos to achieve a similar level of spiciness and flavor.
While spaghetti is the traditional choice, you can experiment with pasta alternatives like linguine, fettuccine, or even penne.
More Recipes to Try
Chicken Spaghetti with Rotel and Velveeta
- 12 oz spaghetti uncooked
- 12 oz VELVEETA cut into ½-inch cubes
- 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 10 oz can Rotel tomatoes undrained
- 2 cooked chicken breasts chopped
- ½ cup bacon divided, cooked and crumbled
- (optional) fresh diced jalapenos
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray 13×9-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Meanwhile, add Velveeta cubes, cream of chicken soup, milk and Rotel tomatoes to a skillet; cook and stir over med to med-high heat until VELVEETA is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Stir in chicken and half of the bacon crumbles.
- Stir cooked pasta into cheese and chicken mixture until mixed well. Spread into prepared casserole dish.
- Cover and bake 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with the remaining bacon crumbles and (optional) diced jalapenos.
Love Velveeta? Try this cheesy potato soup with bacon too!