This cheesy pesto hamburger noodle casserole may remind you a bit of your favorite boxed helper, but trust me. It has way more flavor and pizzazz because of the seasoning blends. You’ll love it! Plus, it’s ready in 30 minutes!
This is a partnered post with Tastefully Simple. All opinions are my own.
Why This Recipe Works
The key is in the seasoning blends. Bam! I used two of the spice blends in the Tastefully Simple 5-Star Favorites Kit and they jazz up the recipe with robust and satisfying flavors. So good! I used an old favorite of mine, Onion Onion Seasoning, and the new-to-me Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Mix. Together they make magic. AND…it’s a 30-minute recipe!
If you love pesto, you’ll also love this cavatappi pasta, a knockoff of one of Noodles & Company’s yummiest dishes.
- Ground beef – I usually use an 85/15 blend but you could also use 80/20.
- Egg noodles – I really like big, slurpy noodles so I use wide (or even extra-wide) egg noodles, but elbow macaroni, rotini or penne pasta would be hearty and delicious with ground beef and noodles also.
- Shredded cheese – Use an Italian cheese blend (sometimes called pizza blend) for this recipe.
- Fresh cilantro – This is optional, but if you’re a cilantro fan, don’t miss it!
- Onion Onion Seasoning – A blend of onions, shallots, chives and sea salt.
- Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Mix – A tasty Tuscan seasoning blend.
Step 1: Prepare pasta according to package directions to al dente. Drain, rinse and set aside.
Step 2: Meanwhile, combine ground beef and 1 tablespoon of Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Mix in a large skillet. Cook and crumble until meat is cooked completely; drain off grease.
Step 3: Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in Onion Onion Seasoning, Alfredo sauce, undrained tomatoes and remaining ¼ cup Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Mix; simmer 4-5 minutes.
Step 4: Add pasta and cheese; cook until heated through.
Step 6: Add salt, pepper and cilantro, as desired.
What to Serve with Ground Beef and Noodles
We think this hamburger noodle casserole is delicious served with brussels sprouts and thick slices of warm bread.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
Cheesy Pesto Hamburger Noodle Casserole
- 12 ounce pkg extra-wide egg noodles
- 1 ½ pounds 85% lean ground beef
- 5 tablespoons Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Mix divided
- 1 ½ tablespoons Onion Onion Seasoning
- 15 ounce jar 4-cheese Alfredo sauce
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, undrained
- 1 cup finely shredded Italian cheese blend
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro optional
- Prepare pasta according to package directions to al dente. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium-high heat, combine ground beef and 1 tablespoon Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Mix; salt and pepper as desired. Cook and crumble until no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Drain off liquid.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in Onion Onion Seasoning, Alfredo sauce, undrained tomatoes and remaining ¼ cup Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Mix; simmer 4-5 minutes.
- Add pasta and cheese; cook until heated through. Salt and pepper as desired. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.