When I made this cheese tortellini with blackened chicken, pesto and roasted tomatoes, my son eyed me suspiciously. He had never tried tortellini or pesto sauce, but to be fair I’d never made them. For whatever reason, I didn’t think I could master either one of them. Spoiler alert.. I did it.
Now to be honest, I had a little help. Ok, a lot. I found a 2 Pack of Barilla Tortellini and 2 Pack of Barilla Traditional Pesto Sauce 2 Pack at BJ’s Wholesale Club, and a lightbulb went off in my head. Maybe I could pull this off after all.
Deciding what to make… now that was a challenge. Both tortellini and pesto sauce work equally well in hot and cold dishes. I love that kind of versatility, hence my reason for buying them in the 2-packs at BJ’s. I’m a thinker, y’all.
I decided to go hot this time around, and it was incredibly delicious!
Cheese Tortellini with Blackened Chicken, Pesto and Roasted Tomatoes
Take a look at how I made it!
- 1 package of Barilla Collezione Tortellini
- 1 jar Barilla Traditional Basil Pesto Sauce
- 1-1½ pounds grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used thin)
- 4 tbsp Cajun spice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Halve grape tomatoes and place cut side up on baking sheet. Sprinkle with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Bake 10 minutes or until softened and starting to brown.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rub cajun spice into both sides of chicken breasts. Bake chicken for 10 minutes. Flip over, and bake another 10 minutes. If you're using thicker breasts, you'll need to cook it longer.
- Bring water to a boil and cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain.
- In large frying pan, combine tortellini, pesto and chicken. Gently stir in roasted tomatoes.
The Barilla Traditional Pesto Sauce is made with only the highest quality ingredients like sweet basil, aromatic herbs, and extra virgin olive oil, and they’re blended together to create a rich taste and thick texture your family will fall in love with. Trust me! It blew our minds!
Oh, and Barilla’s Three Cheese Tortellini is an artisanal pasta! It’s all natural, and made using the highest quality ingredients.
You have to try them! Go cold or go hot; either way is yummy, but I suggest starting with my Cheese Tortellini with Blackened Chicken, Pesto and Roasted Tomatoes recipe. 😉
For more recipes, head over to www.Barilla.com/recipes! #BarillaTortellini #BarillaPesto #BJsWholesale @BarillaUS
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla Pasta Company. The opinions and text expressed in this posting are all mine and are not shared by the organization.