This pizza casserole recipe brings classic pizza flavor to pasta in this cheesy and delicious baked hot noodle dish. You can’t go wrong with melted cheese on anything, as far as I’m concerned.
I remember my mom used to make this pizza casserole when she had “company” over, so she called it a “company casserole”.
We kids were served TV dinners in the kitchen (remember the TV dinners with foil trays?) while the guests got to eat things like this pizza casserole. And her scrumptious desserts.
The only time we got to have any was when her guests were all finished eating and she’d bring the nearly empty dishes back into the kitchen. Then we’d all grab forks and dig into whatever we could get!
Just like with pizza, you can customize pizza casserole to taste.
Keep it stripped down to basics with cheese, sauce, meat and noodles or toss in all the other pizza toppings you love. Pepperoni, green peppers, mushrooms, sausage, black olives… you name it!
Although I really love using extra-wide noodles in this, you could easily switch to penne, rotini or any of your favorite noodles. Just choose one that will hold on to the sauce well.
- 8 oz extra wide noodles
- ½ lb ground beef
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz can pizza sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ lb shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- While noodles are cooking, cook ground beef in frying pan.
- In large bowl, combine noodles, meat and all ingredients EXCEPT cheese. Put half of the mixture in a 9"x13"-inch casserole dish. Sprinkle half of the cheese over top. Repeat with remaining meat mixture and cheese.
- Cover with foil, and bake 30-40 minutes.