Chili cheese pizza is my new favorite pizza! If you’ve never considered taking chili out of the bowl, start by making this pizza recipe. It’s unbelievably delicious!
I admit I went into it with zero expectations and a whole lot of pessimism. But it worked, and oh man was it good!
Ingredients for pizza with chili
- ready-to-bake pizza crust – go with thick, not thin for this recipe
- hot chili oil
- green bell pepper
- can of chili with beans
- shredded Mozzarella cheese
- shredded Mexican blend cheese
How to make the perfect chili cheese pizza
You have to try this. It’s just so easy!
Brush a thin layer of hot chili oil over the whole ready-made crust.
Then spread the canned chili over the crust.
Then it’s time to add all the cheese!
And finally, sprinkle on the chopped jalapenos and onions.
Bake the pizza for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and melted.
Ingredient additions and substitutions
Try different kinds of chili: without beans, with tomatoes, with meat, etc. Anything would work. You could even use leftover homemade chili.
For a little less spice, substitute green peppers instead of jalapenos.
Instead of Mexican cheese, try shredded Colby Jack or pizza cheese blend.
There won’t be any leftovers. It’s unbelievably good!
Never in a million years would I have thought chili and pizza could mingle so beautifully, but oh my gosh… I’m hooked now. This is delicious!
Other chili recipes you may enjoy:
- Healthy turkey chili
- Easiest chili mac
- Kickin’ chili mac pasta skillet
- Chicken chili rice bowls
- Peachy 5-alarm chili
Chili Cheese Pizza Recipe
- 1 12-inch ready-to-bake pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon hot chili oil
- 1 15 oz can vegetarian chili with beans or any canned chili variety you like
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Brush hot chili oil over pizza crust. Spread chili evenly over crust. Sprinkle shredded cheese over chili and then add onions and jalapenos. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with chopped cilantro.