Jazz up an ordinary box of scalloped potatoes by turning them into pepperoni pizza potatoes!
Melted mozzarella cheese, crispy pepperoni and Italian seasoning bring pizza night flair to boxed potatoes and the whole family will love this pizza potato casserole. They’ll also love these au gratin potatoes with sausage!
Key Ingredients for Pizza Potatoes
- Betty Crocker Scalloped Potatoes – I’ve always been a fan of these when prepared as directed, but they’re delicious with add-ins too!
- Sliced pepperoni – Package sizes may vary by a half-ounce or so and that’s totally fine. Use whatever size package you can find between 3-4 ounces.
- Italian herbs – I usually use lightly dried Italian herbs (refrigerated) but dried Italian seasoning is a-ok too!
- Diced tomatoes – Choose regular diced or petite-diced, based on your personal size preference.
- Mozzarella cheese – Why, of course!
How to Make Pepperoni Pizza Potatoes
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and pour both the potato and seasoning pouches from the scalloped potatoes box into a 2-quart casserole dish.
Step 2: In medium saucepan on stove, heat tomatoes, Italian herbs and water to boiling.
Step 3: Remove from heat; pour over potatoes and stir to combine.
Step 4: Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the potato mixture.
Step 5: Lay pepperoni slices over the top of the cheese.
Step 6: Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes. Sprinkle on additional mozzarella cheese and let bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
FAQ for Pepperoni Potato Bake
You can put the ingredients together a day before, refrigerate overnight and then bake it in the oven the next day. Let it sit on the counter for 15 minutes or so before baking to take some of the chill off or bake time may need to be extended to be sure it’s fully heated throughout.
Other pepperoni recipes you’ll love
Pepperoni Pizza Potatoes
- 1 pkg Betty Crocker scalloped potatoes
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs I like lightly dried herbs but dry is a-ok
- 3.5 oz sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In 2 qt casserole, empty potato slices and seasoning packet.
- In medium saucepan, heat tomatoes, water and Italian herbs to boiling; stir into potatoes. Arrange pepperoni on top and sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes. 4 servings