This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Food Lion. All opinions are 100% mine.
I love making this easy chicken and dumplings recipe for dinner on busy nights. It’s one of my family’s favorite feel-good dinners and it’s a 20-minute meal. Total bonus.
It’s also the perfect way to use the delicious and convenient rotisserie chicken you can pick up at Food Lion.
It’s seasoned so yummily so it def makes the perfect meal on its own, but if you have leftover rotisserie chicken, use it for this easy chicken and dumplings recipe.
Scroll down for a list of more ideas on how to use rotisserie chicken.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS
Pull the meat off the chicken with your fingers and shred or tear into chunks. You can also use two forks to pull the meat apart or dice it into small pieces. It’s up to you what size chunks you’d like!
Heat your choice of chicken gravy to a low boil. Sometimes I use jars and sometimes I use mixes. Choose your favorite.
While it’s heating up, mix up your dumpling batter.
Add the leftover rotisserie chicken to the hot gravy.
Drop spoonfuls of the dumpling batter onto the boiling gravy stew. The dough will be very sticky, so you’ll have to scrape it off the spoon with your finger.
Reduce heat to a simmer and let cook uncovered for 10 minutes, then cover and cook an additional 10 minutes.
Serve immediately, spooning gravy over the tops of the dumplings as you serve them.
The dumplings will be deliciously soft and tender!
It’s such a quick and easy meal and a great way to fill an empty plate!
EASY CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS
Pin the chicken and dumplings recipe on Pinterest!
10 WAYS TO USE ROTISSERIE CHICKEN
Easy Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
- 2 ½ pounds rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups chicken gravy can be more, but at least this much
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- ⅔ cup water
- fresh or dried parsley, to taste
- Pull meat off rotisserie chicken and tear or cut into pieces. Set aside.
- In small bowl, mix together Bisquick and water to make dumpling dough. Dough will be very sticky.
- In large skillet, heat chicken gravy to a boil. Add chicken and then drop large spoonfuls of dumpling dough on top of the boiling stew. Lower heat to a simmer; let cook uncovered 10 minutes. Cover; cook 10 more minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.