You’re going to love this red, white and blueberry salad!
Loaded with fresh watermelon, raspberries, blueberries, pecans, and fresh spinach, this summer salad is an absolute delight and takes advantage of the bounty of locally grown fruit available at this time of year.
Locally grown produce is one of the reasons I shop at Food Lion where Local Goodness is a priority. I can always find hundreds of items in the store that have been sourced from local growers, manufacturers or have been harvested in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and Georgia, and I feel great about nourishing my family while supporting regional farms and businesses.
Local suppliers are the heart and soul of everyone’s community and Food Lion has been partnering with them for 60 years now!
And best of all, Food Lion makes all that local goodness super affordable so I can serve nutritious fruits and veggies to my family every day and still stay within my food budget.
I’ve even used the new Food Lion to Go pick up service through the Food Lion mobile app for things like fresh produce and meat. I know some people may hesitate to let someone else do the produce pickin’ but I’ve had really good luck. In fact, I feel like they probably choose better than I do myself!
Plus it’s one of the most affordable pickup services for to-go shopping around! Pickup is $1.99 and Delivery is $3.99! Check out the Weekly deals, get inspired by the Food Lion Recipes and try Online Shopping with pick up or delivery. You’ll love it!
And definitely enjoy some of that Local Goodness and this red, white and blueberry salad!
Pin this Red, White and Blueberry Salad to Pinterest!
Red, White and Blueberry Salad
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, sliced thin
- 7 oz baby spinach, washed and dried
- 1 pint blueberries, rinsed and dried
- ½ pint raspberries, rinsed gently and dried
- 2 cups watermelon, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup white cheddar or white/yellow cheddar mix
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Low-fat raspberry vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread pecans in a single layer on baking sheet. Toast for 5-7 minutes until fragrant and golden. Set aside.
- Add spinach to large serving bowl. For a pretty presentation, add chicken slices to center and surround with mounds of blueberries, watermelon and raspberries. Sprinkle on cheese and chopped pecans. Serve with raspberry vinaigrette.