This blueberry lemon cheesecake was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
I’m a huge fan of blueberry and lemon desserts so making a blueberry lemon cheesecake to kick off Summer Dessert Week… well, it’s a match made in heaven.
Have I ever mentioned cheesecake is my kryptonite?
And with the addition of a lemon cookie crust, this blueberry lemon cheesecake is kryptonite with a capital K.
After I used lemon cookies to make this homemade ice cream, I knew I had to carry the goodness over to cheesecake, so I crushed up cookies, added a bit of melted butter and made a cookie crust for my blueberry lemon cheesecake.
Make sure you’re using a high-quality springform pan — it matters. The Anolon pan I’m using is an excellent pan!
Pour the cheesecake filling over the top of the crust.
To help prevent cracks in your cheesecake, you’ll want to keep the air humid as it’s baking by immersing your cheesecake in a water bath or by placing a pan of hot water beneath your cheesecake pan. I’m all for the easiest way, so I use a pan of hot water on the rack underneath the cheesecake.
Another helpful tip to prevent cracking is to turn off the oven when the cheesecake is done baking, crack the door and let the cheesecake sit in the cooling oven for an hour. Remove from oven to cool completely, then refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
Meanwhile, make a blueberry compote and let that cool completely as well.
Spoon the blueberry compote over each slice of blueberry lemon cheesecake or on top of the entire thing.
Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake with Lemon Cookie Crust
Pin this blueberry lemon cheesecake recipe!
Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake
- Anolon Advanced Graphite 9" Round Springform Pan
- 20 lemon sandwich cookies, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Using a food processor, crush lemon sandwich cookies into small crumbs. Press along with melted butter into bottom of a 9" springform baking pan. Bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool.
- In mixer, beat cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and flour on low until smooth. Mix in sour cream, lemon juice and lemon extract. Beat in eggs one a time. Stir in blueberries. Pour over chilled graham cracker crust in pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour, 15 minutes. Turn off oven, crack door and leave cheesecake in cooling oven for 1 hour. Remove to counter, cooling completely. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- In saucepan on stove, heat sugar and lemon juice. Add blueberries; cook about 5-7 minutes or until blueberries release juice. Mix together cornstarch and water in small bowl, then add to blueberry mixture, stirring constantly until mixture reaches desired thickness. Let cool completely. Pour over entire cheesecake or spoon over each individual slice.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Circus Animal Cookie Ice Cream from Fake Ginger
- No Churn Banana Pudding Ice Cream from Nik Snacks
- Butterscotch Ice Cream from Pastry Chef Online
- Individual Mermaid Ice Cream Treats from Family Around the Table
- Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream Bon Bons from Cooking With Carlee
Pies of Summer:
- Creamy Peach Pie Delight from Who Needs A Cape?
- Key Lime Coconut Pie from Doughmesstic
- Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Pie from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Mini Fresh Strawberry Pies from Cheese Curds in Paradise
- Cherry Limeade Icebox Pie from Sweet Beginnings
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Coconut Custard Almond Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Strawberry Ice Cream Cake from The Beard and The Baker
- Fiesta Lime Cupcakes from My Baking Heart
- Nana’s Strawberry Shortcake Cake from Daily Dish Recipes
- Ice Cream Cone Drip Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Summer Berries Pavlova Cake from Home Sweet Homestead
- Buttermilk Chocolate Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Charlotte A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mermaid Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Vanilla Icebox Cake from Books n’ Cooks
- Peach-Basil Coffee Cake from The Spiffy Cookie
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes from Cookaholic Wife
- The Perfect Vanilla Cupcake from Our Good Life
No Bake Treats:
- No Bake Lemon Chiffon Dessert from Miss in the Kitchen
- No Bake Berry Cheesecake from Desserts Required
- Pineapple Pretzel Fluff Salad from 4 Sons R Us
- Easy Raspberry Cream Cheese Dessert from Blogghetti
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake from Everyday Eileen
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad Dessert from Creative Southern Home
- Sea Shell Beach Cakesicles from Big Bear’s Wife
- Mermaid Splash Cookies from The Domestic Kitchen
- Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake from A Blender Mom
- Cruise Ship Strawberry Crepes from Southern From Scratch
- Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake from Eat Move Make
- Caramel Sticky Pudding Cake from Shockingly Delicious
- Blackberry Roly Poly from Nancie’s Table
- Strawberry Monkey Bread from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Raspberry Custard Bars with Almond from My Sweet Zepol
- Caramel Corn Cheesecake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Blackberry Cheesecake with Blackberry Compote from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy Mini Fruit Pizzas from Jen Around the World
- Sunflower Cookies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orange Creamsicle Chip Cookies from Palatable Pastime
- Viennese Whirls from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Mason Jar Caramel Banana Pudding from For the Love of Food