This cheesy potato soup with bacon slow cooker recipe is deliciously creamy and hits the spot on chilly and rainy days.
What could be better than a steaming crock of cheesy bacon potato soup to warm your insides?!
Ingredients for crockpot cheesy potato soup recipe
- chicken broth
- russet potatoes
- black pepper
- light cream
- shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- plain Greek yogurt
How to make this cheesy potato soup with bacon recipe
STEP 1: Add the chicken broth, cubed potatoes, chopped celery, onion and black pepper to the crockpot. Turn on low and let cook for 6-7 hours or until vegetables are tender.
STEP 2: Add the crumbled bacon to the slow cooker.
STEP 3: In medium saucepan over low to medium heat, combine cream, Velveeta cubes, shredded Cheddar cheese and yogurt until melted and creamy.
The cheese sauce will look like this when it’s ready:
STEP 4: Slowly pour the cheese sauce into the slow cooker, stirring constantly. Slowly and steadily add the cornstarch and water mixture, again stirring constantly. Let the cheesy potato soup cook for another 30 minutes before serving.
Top individual crocks of soup with a sprinkle of chopped bacon, cheese and parsley, if desired.
This potato bacon soup is absolutely scrumptious!
How to serve potato soup with bacon
I love serving soup in soup crocks like these. There’s something super cozy about it. A nice loaf of crusty French or Italian bread is the perfect accompaniment and makes a good dipping vessel for the last bits of soup in the bottom of the crock.
Other soup recipes you’ll love:
- Tomato tortellini soup
- Roasted red pepper soup with potatoes
- Beef and barley soup
- Cauliflower and rice soup
- Chicken and rice soup
- Slow cooker chicken tortilla soup
- Easy homemade chicken noodle soup
Cheesy Potato Soup with Bacon (Slow Cooker)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ cups bacon fully cooked, chopped
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 cup Velveeta cut into small cubes
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- 4 T corn starch
- ½ cup cold water
- Put chicken broth, potatoes, celery, onion and pepper into slow cooker. Cook on low for approximately 6 or 7 hours until vegetables are tender.
- Add bacon to slow cooker.
- On stove, combine cream, Velveeta cubes, shredded cheese and yogurt. Cook over low to medium heat until hot.
- Pour cheese mixture into slow cooker, stirring constantly.
- In separate bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water, mixing well. Slowly add to soup, stirring all the while. Cook 30 more minutes and serve. Salt and pepper to taste.