This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of McCain Foods, Inc. The opinions are entirely my own.
I made this Turkey & Sweet Potato French Fry Casserole because Thanksgiving can’t get here soon enough, and I need those Thanksgiving flavors!
Although I’ve used tater tots and hash browns in casseroles many times, this was my first time making a French fry casserole, and my first time even trying sweet potato fries! Absurd, right? They’re absolutely delicious, and the sneak peek taste of Thanksgiving in a casserole made my entire family happy.
Made with real sweet potatoes, McCain Sweet Potato Fries are naturally good from the start, and they’re also pre-cooked and pre-sliced, so they make meal prep a breeze. Whether you’re using them as an ingredient in this Turkey & Sweet Potato French Fry Casserole or as a savory side dish on their own, they’re full of flavor and oh, so fun!
How can you not love crinkle fries?
(Pssst, I found the McCain Sweet Potato Crinkle Fries at my local Harris Teeter grocery store. Harris Teeter also had McCain 5 Minute Fries and McCain Smiles.
With just a few ingredients in this casserole, you’ll have dinner prepped and in the oven within minutes. In less than an hour, you’ll have a family-friendly twist on Thanksgiving dinner.
I used ground turkey breast in the recipe, but if you make this after Thanksgiving, you could chop up some leftover turkey and use that. In a large casserole dish, combine the turkey, McCain Sweet Potato Crinkle Fries, cream of chicken soup, a little shredded cheddar cheese and a can of peas. Mix everything together, so the flavors get all jumbly.
Put the remaining French fries in a layer on top; cover and bake. I like to take the lid off during the last 10-15 minutes of baking to crisp up the French fries on top too.
This is how my family is celebrating fall this year, because fall is delicious!
Try this turkey pot pie with biscuits recipe too!
Turkey & Sweet Potato French Fry Casserole
- 1 pound ground turkey breast cooked (can substitute chopped leftover Thanksgiving turkey breast)
- 1 pkg McCain Sweet Potato Crinkle Fries thawed and divided in half
- 1 10.5- oz can Cream of Chicken with Herbs condensed soup
- 1 15- oz can peas drained
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In frying pan, cook ground turkey until completely done.
- In large casserole dish, combine ground turkey, half of the sweet potato crinkle fries, condensed soup, peas and cheddar cheese. Mix together. Layer remaining half of crinkle fries over top.
- Cover and bake 50 minutes. Remove lid, bake another 10-15 minutes.