This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of McCain Foods, Inc. The opinions are entirely my own.
I made this Turkey & Sweet Potato French Fry Casserole because Thanksgiving can’t get here soon enough, and I need those Thanksgiving flavors!
Although I’ve used tater tots and hash browns in casseroles many times, this was my first time making a French fry casserole, and my first time even trying sweet potato fries! Absurd, right? They’re absolutely delicious, and the sneak peek taste of Thanksgiving in a casserole made my entire family happy.
Made with real sweet potatoes, McCain Sweet Potato Fries are naturally good from the start, and they’re also pre-cooked and pre-sliced, so they make meal prep a breeze. Whether you’re using them as an ingredient in this Turkey & Sweet Potato French Fry Casserole or as a savory side dish on their own, they’re full of flavor and oh, so fun!
How can you not love crinkle fries?
(Pssst, I found the McCain Sweet Potato Crinkle Fries at my local Harris Teeter grocery store. Harris Teeter also had McCain 5 Minute Fries and McCain Smiles.
With just a few ingredients in this casserole, you’ll have dinner prepped and in the oven within minutes. In less than an hour, you’ll have a family-friendly twist on Thanksgiving dinner.
I used ground turkey breast in the recipe, but if you make this after Thanksgiving, you could chop up some leftover turkey and use that. In a large casserole dish, combine the turkey, McCain Sweet Potato Crinkle Fries, cream of chicken soup, a little shredded cheddar cheese and a can of peas. Mix everything together, so the flavors get all jumbly.
Put the remaining French fries in a layer on top; cover and bake. I like to take the lid off during the last 10-15 minutes of baking to crisp up the French fries on top too.
Turkey & Sweet Potato French Fry Casserole
- 1 pound ground turkey breast cooked (can substitute chopped leftover Thanksgiving turkey breast)
- 1 pkg McCain Sweet Potato Crinkle Fries thawed and divided in half
- 1 10.5- oz can Cream of Chicken with Herbs condensed soup
- 1 15- oz can peas drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In frying pan, cook ground turkey until completely done.
- In large casserole dish, combine ground turkey, half of the sweet potato crinkle fries, condensed soup, peas and cheddar cheese. Mix together. Layer remaining half of crinkle fries over top.
- Cover and bake 50 minutes. Remove lid, bake another 10-15 minutes.
This is how my family is celebrating fall this year, because fall is delicious!
How does your family celebrate the beginning of fall together?