This turkey pot pie with biscuits is a warm feel-good dinner-perfect for chilly weather or rainy days. It’s also a great leftover turkey recipe when you’re tired of eating Thanksgiving leftovers.
Ingredients for easy turkey pot pie recipe with biscuits
Specific amounts and instructions are in the printable recipe card below. Scroll down to find it.
- leftover turkey, shredded or cut into bite-sized pieces
- all-purpose flour
- chicken broth
- frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- fresh thyme
- refrigerated biscuits
- parsley for garnish
Do I have to cut the biscuits?
Of course not. I like to quarter them into bites because I think it’s easier to eat (and serve).
Can I use frozen biscuits?
Yep, you sure can. Just make sure to bake it long enough to ensure the freezer biscuits are done. They typically take longer. Oh, and obviously you won’t be able to cut frozen biscuits into quarters.
How to make leftover turkey pot pie with biscuits
In a bowl, whisk together flour, broth, milk and pepper until smooth. The flour can be stubborn but if you can get most of the lumps out, you’re in good shape.
In a skillet, melt butter and cook onions and garlic. Pour in the broth mixture and bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Continue to cook for a couple minutes until thickened.
Add the turkey, fresh thyme and peas and carrots and cook until heated through. It’s already looking like comfort food, isn’t it?
Place biscuit quarters over the top of the turkey pot pie stew, then bake for 15-20 minutes until biscuit tops are golden and bottoms are cooked through.
The creamy sauce goes perfectly with the tender veggies and turkey and the hot biscuit topping is a delight!
Turkey pot pie skillet recipe variations:
- Have leftover chicken instead? No problem! Sub the meat and everything else stays the same.
- Change up the veggies by using corn, cauliflower, carrots, celery or any mixed veggie combo.
- Switch up the onions for scallions, green onions or chives.
Other leftover turkey recipes:
- Slow cooker turkey fajitas
- Add leftover turkey to stuffed acorn squash
- Turkey and white cheddar broccoli casserole
- Turkey and sweet potato french fry casserole
- Thanksgiving leftover salad
Turkey Potpie with Biscuits
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 10.5 ounces chicken broth
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey breast
- 1 10 oz pkg frozen peas and carrots thawed
- 1 12 oz tube refrigerated biscuits quartered
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter in an oven-proof skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook another minute.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, broth, milk and pepper until smooth. Pour into skillet and bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Continue cooking and stirring for 2 minutes until thickened. Add the turkey, peas and carrots and fresh thyme and heat through. Arrange quartered biscuits over stew. Bake until biscuits are golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle on fresh parsley, if desired.