It’s Pastapalooza 2016, and I’m celebrating the All American Cookout by serving up a grilled vegetables with pasta recipe!
It’s perfect for a backyard get-together, a neighborhood cookout or a family reunion in a nearby park.
(I created this recipe in partnership with Dreamfields Pasta. All opinions remain my own.)
I love Dreamfields Pasta since it has the taste and al dente texture of traditional pasta, but with 5 grams of fiber (20% of the daily recommended intake) and 7 grams of plant protein in every one cup cooked serving. It’s an easy way to eat a little better!
Dreamfields also contains inulin, a prebiotic fiber sourced from chicory root, which encourages healthy digestion. It’s also available in a variety of shapes: Elbows, Penne Rigate, Rigatoni, Angel Hair, Spaghetti, Linguine, and Lasagna.
Ingredients for summertime veggies with pasta
- Penne Rigate
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- yellow squash
- bell peppers – assorted colors
- chili peppers
- red onion
- baby Portobello mushrooms
- cocktail tomatoes
- fresh basil
- fresh rosemary
- fresh oregano
Paired with some delicious grilled veggies for summertime, you simply can’t go wrong! (During the cooler seasons of the year, roasted vegetables from the oven will be just as appetizing.)
Try these campfire veggies too!
Yummy, right?!!! Serve with pasta, cooled or hot… your choice!
Grilled Vegetables with Pasta
Grilled Summertime Veggies with Pasta
- 1 pkg Penne Rigate
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 zucchini sliced into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 1 eggplant sliced sliced into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 1 yellow squash sliced into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 3 bell peppers (use different colors; cut into 6 lengthwise strips
- 3 green chili peppers
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- 5 cloves garlic
- 8 ounces fresh baby Portobello
- 1 pound cocktail tomatoes halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano chopped
- ½ teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Place pasta in large bowl; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, pepper and salt. Divide marinade evenly between two gallon-sized zip-top plastic bags. Add equal amounts of vegetables to each bag. Seal; marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Remove vegetables from bags. Transfer remaining marinade to medium bowl. Stir basil, oregano and rosemary into marinade. Add salt and pepper, as desired; set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium. Place vegetables in batches on grilling tray coated with cooking spray; place grilling tray on grill rack. Grill 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until veggies are tender. Transfer cooked vegetables to cutting board. Cut all vegetables (except tomatoeinto bite-sized pieces. Add all vegetables including tomatoes to bowl with pasta. Drizzle with remaining marinade; toss to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.