This Kickin’ Chili Mac Pasta Skillet makes a hearty and satisfying meal, and it’s a dish everyone in the family will love. After all, a hot and delicious pasta dinner is the perfect way to warm up bellies on a chilly fall day.
Chili mac is an everyday classic, but this version kicks up the spice a bit with the addition of a habanero pepper which is processed until smooth and mixed into the tomato sauce. There’s just enough kick to count!
It includes lots of other fresh ingredients too, but because I’m a fan of quick and easy recipes, you’ll find a few pantry staples as well, like Dreamfields pasta!
Dreamfields is made with premium durum wheat semolina, so it has the same delicious taste and texture of traditional pasta. A one-cup cooked serving provides 5 grams of fiber and 7 grams of protein!
Kickin' Chili Mac Pasta Skillet
- 1 box Dreamfields Elbows
- 12 Roma tomatoes chopped, divided (1-3/4 pounds)
- 1 peach peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 habanero pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound lean ground beef 90% lean
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1 green chili pepper chopped
- 1 can 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can 15 ounces chili beans
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Cheddar cheese shredded (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Place pasta in large bowl; set aside.
- Meanwhile, place two thirds of the chopped tomatoes, the peach slices, habanero pepper, sugar and water in blender or food processor container. Blend or process until smooth; set aside.
- Heat medium skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef, onion and chili pepper to skillet. Cook about 6 to 8 minutes or until beef is browned and cooked through, stirring occasionally, breaking beef into crumbles. Drain liquid if necessary.
- Add remaining chopped tomatoes to skillet with beef; simmer 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomato-peach mixture, beans, chili powder and cumin. Increase heat to medium-high; cook 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
- Add beef mixture to pasta; stir to combine. Add cilantro; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
I hope you enjoy this delicious Kickin’ Chili Mac Pasta Skillet as much as I do. It’s a great way to celebrate #HealthyPastaMonth!