This Crustless Broccoli Chicken Quiche is the perfect breakfast, brunch, or dinner recipe and features a flavorful combo of eggs, cheese, chicken, broccoli, onion and seasonings.
This crustless quiche is made in a crockpot or slow cooker (with no need to pre-cook the chicken), so you can make a delicious hassle-free and mostly hands-off meal.
What Makes This Recipe Work
- This broccoli chicken quiche recipe is crust-less and fuss-free.
- No need to pre-cook the chicken; it cooks to the perfect tenderness in the slow cooker.
- Perfect for busy days.
- Easy to customize with your favorite seasonings.
- Chicken breasts – Trim off extra fat, but there’s no need to do anything else.
- Evaporated milk – If you don’t have evaporated milk on hand, you can use half-and-half in the same amount or a combination of whole milk and heavy cream.
- Chopped broccoli – Use chopped rather than florets so that the pieces are bite-sized.
- Onions – Fresh diced is best, but onion powder or minced dried onion will work in a pinch.
- Shredded cheese – I like using sharp cheddar, but you could also try white cheddar, Swiss, or Gruyere.
Crustless Broccoli Chicken Quiche Directions
Step 2: Cook covered 6-8 hours on low or until chicken is tender. Pull chicken apart with forks.
Step 3: In a large bowl, whisk together baking powder, salt, garlic powder, evaporated milk and eggs. Stir in diced onion, parsley and cheese. Add red pepper flakes, if using.
Step 4: Pour egg mixture over broccoli and shredded chicken.
Step 5: Turn the heat to high. Cover and cook for one hour until set, and the cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy!
Other Recipes You’ll Love
A quiche has more dairy and eggs (and yes, often does have a crust), but it doesn’t have to! A frittata is crustless and is made with less dairy and eggs yielding a firmer filling.
You can! Let the quiche cool down then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it inside an airtight freezer bag or wrap it again with aluminum foil. For best reheating results, let the frozen quiche thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
If you don’t have evaporated milk on hand, you can use half-and-half in the same amount or a combination of whole milk and heavy cream.
Broccoli Chicken Quiche Slow Cooker Recipe
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 10 oz frozen chopped broccoli
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- optional: red pepper flakes
- Spray the inside of slow cooker with vegetable spray. Place chicken breasts inside and cover with broccoli. Cook, covered for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender. Pull chicken apart with forks.
- In a large bowl, whisk together baking powder, salt, garlic powder, evaporated milk and eggs. Stir in diced onion, parsley and cheese. Add red pepper flakes, if using.
- Pour egg mixture over broccoli. Turn to high heat. Cover and cook for one hour until set and cheese is melted.