These waffles tho! Mixed berry cream cheese waffle cakes. <—- Next level.
Breakfast? Brunch? Dessert? No matter when you take a bite, it’s ambrosial.
Start with your favorite brand of boxed waffle mix.
You’ll add a fresh strawberry/berry juice puree to the waffle batter along with some whole blueberries, and when you’ve crisped up some nice golden Belgian waffles on your waffle iron, lavish with cream cheese topping.
Then grab a fork.
It all blends into a mixed berry taste sensation. Imagine taking a bite of this sweet delight…
It’s a waffle wonderland.
Mixed Berry Cream Cheese Waffle Cakes
- 3 cups waffle mix
- 1 cup mixed Berry Juice 100% Natural, Not a Sweetened Drink or Punch
- ⅓ cup strawberries Hulled and Chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup blueberries
For Fruit Layer
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ½ cup strawberries, sliced
- In a blender, puree strawberries with juice. Set aside.
- Heat and lightly grease waffle iron.
- In mixer, beat butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together waffle mix, juice puree, eggs, and oil until smooth.
- Gently stir in blueberries. Let sit 2 minutes.
- Pour about 2/3 cup batter onto preheated waffle iron.
- Cook waffles 3-4 minutes, until golden brown (or follow waffle iron manufacturer’s cooking instructions).
- To serve, spread half of the cream cheese mixture onto the top of a cooked waffle. Sprinkle with additional berries, then layer another waffle on top.
- If desired, drizzle with maple syrup and top with whipped cream.
Try this Crockpot Sausage Waffle Casserole too!