These fluffy pumpkin waffles are full of pumpkin flavor and the warmth of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg spice.
Crisp on the outside with tender insides, they’re the perfect fall treat for pumpkin fans and since there’s no sugar in the waffle batter, they’re a guilt-free way to get your pumpkin fix.
But we love pumpkin waffles topped with cream cheese whipped cream!
Ingredients for pumpkin waffles
- baking powder
- pumpkin puree
- cooking oil
- sugar (if not making whipped cream topping)
How to make pumpkin waffles
Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt together in a medium bowl.
In a large bowl, mix the eggs, milk, pumpkin and oil. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, combining well. Let batter sit for a few minutes before cooking in a pre-heated waffle iron greased with baking spray.
Remove pumpkin waffles from waffle maker and top with cream cheese whipped cream, maple syrup or both!
Ingredients for cream cheese whipped cream
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- heavy whipping cream
- vanilla extract
How to make cream cheese whipped cream
In a mixer, beat softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy with stiff peaks, about one minute. Set aside.
In mixer, beat heavy cream and vanilla on high speed until soft peaks form. Add the cream cheese mixture back in and beat on medium speed until the cream cheese whipped cream is smooth and velvety, about 1-2 minutes. Store in refrigerator.
Tip: Make the whipped cream before you make the waffles so that’s it’s ready to go when the waffles are freshly cooked.
I usually spoon it into a piping bag right after I make it. If you don’t have a piping bag, you can use a freezer bag and cut off a corner to pipe the topping on the waffles.
Other pumpkin recipes you’ll love
- No-bake pumpkin cream cheese pie
- Pumpkin grilled cheese paninis
- Pumpkin cookie bars
- Vegan slow cooker pumpkin posole
- 1-2-3 pumpkin cake
- Chocolate chip pumpkin bread
Pumpkin Waffles with Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (if not making the cream cheese whipped cream)
Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- In large bowl, mix eggs, milk, pumpkin and oil. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, combining well.
- Cook in hot waffle iron. Top with cream cheese whipped cream.
Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
- In mixer, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and stiff peaks form - about 1 minute. Set aside.
- In mixer, beat heavy cream and vanilla extract on high speed until soft peaks form. Add the cream cheese mixture back in and beat until smooth and velvety, 1-2 minutes. Store covered in refrigerator.