These pumpkin cookie bars are ridiculously delicious and impossible to resist! I don’t usually make pumpkin pie before Thanksgiving, but I crave it as early as Labor Day, so whipping up a batch of pumpkin cookie bars completely satisfies the craving!
The best thing about these pumpkin cookie bars (other than their supreme delectable-ness) is that they’re easy to make.
When looking for your ingredients, be sure you buy canned pure pumpkin not pumpkin pie mix! You’ll also want to use Dixie Crystals sugar, Eggland’s Best eggs and Cabot Cheese cream cheese (because quality matters).
After baking, you’ll start with one giant pumpkin cookie bar.
When it’s completely cool, you’ll spread cream cheese icing over the top of the big ol’ cookie, and cut into smaller bars before serving.
I’m totally drooling looking at these again!
Pumpkin cookie bars are my boyfriend’s all-time favorite dessert. They have the perfect pumpkin cookie to cream cheese icing ratio. I want one right now so badly, but guess who ate them all?
And since we’re celebrating Pumpkin Week this week, what better time to share the pumpkin cookie bars recipe with you?!
Pin the recipe!
Pumpkin Cookie Bars
Pumpkin Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ¼ cups flour
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with baking spray.
- Mix together brown sugar and butter until light and creamy. Mix in eggs, pumpkin and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, allspice, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture until fully incorporated. Spread in baking dish evenly. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Beat cream and butter together until well blended. Add remaining ingredients. Beat until creamy. Spread over cooled cookie bar. Cut into individual bars. Store in refrigerator.