Pumpkin Pie with Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookie Crust – yes, yes, yes.
Everyone loves pumpkin in the Fall and it’s a big part of Thanksgiving celebrations. I have a favorite pie recipe I fall back on, but this year I decided to sprinkle a little magic on it and give it a tasty twist.
So, I made a pumpkin pie with a cookie crust using a box of Krusteaz cookie mix, and in one word… scrumptious!
Ingredients for pumpkin pie with brown sugar oatmeal cookie crust
(Exact amounts are in the printable recipe card below.)
- orange peel
- evaporated milk
- pumpkin puree
- heavy whipping cream
- orange food coloring
How to make this pumpkin pie with cookie crust
Step 1: Bake the Krusteaz Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookie Mix as directed. Press the cookie dough into the bottom of your pie pan and about halfway up the sides.
Step 2: Combine the sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, allspice and orange peel in a bowl. Beat in the eggs, then the evaporated milk and finally the pumpkin puree. Pour into cookie dough-lined pie shell and bake as directed in recipe card until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool.
Step 3: Beat whipping cream and orange food coloring until soft peaks form. Add vanilla and sugar and beat until it forms stiff peaks. Pipe on completely cooled pie.
Other holiday desserts you’ll enjoy:
- Fuzzy mitten cake
- Polar bear cookies
- Lump of coal cookies
- Cookie butter shortbread bars
- Marbled star cookies
- Cranberry and vanilla chip cookies
- Peppermint bark
- Snowball cookies
- Chocolate chunk cookie bark
Pumpkin Pie with Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookie Crust
- 1 package Krusteaz Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookie Mix prepared as directed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 large eggs
- 12- oz can evaporated milk
- 15- oz can pure pumpkin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Food coloring orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
For Pie Crust:
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare cookie dough as directed.
- Press prepared cookie dough into greased 9” pie pan, covering the bottom but only going up the sides about halfway.
For Pie Filling:
- In mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Beat in 2 eggs, evaporated milk and pure pumpkin. Pour over cookie shell. Carefully cover edge of pie with tin foil to prevent over-browning.
- Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F; bake 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out nearly clean. Center will be set, but may still jiggle. Remove from oven; let cool.
For whipped cream topping:
- Beat together whipping cream and orange food coloring until soft peaks form. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar.
- Beat until whipped cream forms stiff peaks. Pipe on completely cool pie as desired.