There’s nothing like the smell and taste of freshly baked cookies, and these snowball cookies are a must make for the holidays…. and for pretty much any other occasion. 😉
The key to these delightful cookies is the powdered sugar. They’re rolled not once, but twice in powdered sugar, and believe me, that makes all the difference. They’re amazing!
Makes about two dozen cookies. They go fast, so I usually make two batches at a time. Enjoy!
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tsp McCormick pure vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup finely chopped nuts optional, but recommended
- Mix butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla thoroughly.
- Stir flour and salt together; blend in. If adding nuts, mix those in as well.
- Roll dough in 1-inch balls, and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes at 400 degrees, or until set but not brown.
- While still warm, roll in powdered sugar. Cool completely, and then roll in powdered sugar again.