Who doesn’t love an OREO dessert? This OREO pudding cake recipe brings together the bittersweet cocoa of OREO cookies and the creaminess and sweetness of chocolate pudding, cream cheese and whipped topping. There’s really no way to go wrong here.
Start by making an OREO cookie crust with these OREO cookies, and I totally think you need to leave the cookie crumbles sorta chunky! Yes, you can roll them fine if you wish, but trust me… the cookie chunks work.
Next comes a layer of cream cheese, powdered sugar and Cool Whip, followed by pudding, Cool Whip and a topping of OREO cookie crumbles. It’s super easy to make, but plan on chilling each of the layers a bit before moving on to the next.
All of this happens in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan, by the way.
Watch this short video to see just how I made the OREO pudding cake recipe:
- 1 pkg original OREO cookies
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), melted
- 8 oz, cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (5.1 oz) box chocolate instant pudding
- 3 cups cold milk
- 16-oz Cool Whip
- Crush cookies; reserve ½ cup for topping.
- In 9 x 13-inch pan, mix cookies and melted butter. Pack firmly for
crust; chill for an hour.
- Mix cream cheese, 12 oz cool whip and powdered sugar until well blended. Spread over cookie layer; chill an hour.
- Make pudding according to pkg directions. Be sure it has thickened before next step. Spread over cream cheese layer; chill slightly. Spread rest of cool whip on top and sprinkle on reserved cookies. Chill for several hours. Keep refrigerated.
OREO desserts go over really well at parties, so try serving this at your next summer event. Adults and kids will love it!