These Peppermint Oreo Balls will put you in the holiday spirit at first bite! After all, who wouldn’t fall in love with a chocolate-coated peppermint ball made with peppermint Oreos? There’s no denying the magic of a chocolate mint truffle dessert, especially when it comes in a poppable bite-sized treat.
I’m obsessed with peppermint and chocolate together…candy, ice cream, cookies, everything, so I couldn’t resist making peppermint Oreo balls a new tradition at my house.
Peppermint Oreo Balls
I crushed up a package of peppermint Oreos in the food processor. Then I blended in some cream cheese until the mixture was smooth.
Then I rolled them into little peppermint Oreo balls and froze them for ten minutes or so. While they were freezing, I melted my chocolate with this melter. Love. Then I plunked a few of the frozen peppermint balls into the chocolate melter, rolled them around a bit until they were coated, then lifted them out letting the extra chocolate fall off.
I put them on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet and sprinkled on some peppermint bits. (I used crushed candy canes.)
I popped the whole tray in the fridge for about an hour and that was that. Easy and yummy!
Peppermint OREO Cookie Balls
- 1 pkg 8 oz brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 pkg 15.25 oz OREO Cookies with Peppermint Creme, finally crushed
- 4 pkg 4oz each semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 8 starlight mints coarsely crushed (or use candy canes)
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until well blended.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min.
- Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan. Sprinkle with candy.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.