I love how festive these chocolate pecan cookies are and since they’re slice and bake, they’re as simple as simple could be.
Ingredients for pecan chocolate cookies
- brown sugar
- vanilla (Adams Extract recommended)
- all-purpose flour (Millican Pecan Co. recommended)
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- baking soda
- sprinkles (Sweets & Treats: Tinsel Town and Sleigh Ride)
How to make chocolate pecan cookie crisps
Beat together the butter and sugar, then add in the flour, pecans, baking soda and cocoa powder to form a dough.
Divide the dough into four sections and roll each of them into a log with about a 1 1/2-inch diameter.
Cover your work area with sprinkles and then roll each of the logs in the sprinkles until completely coated.
Cover each of the rolls with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until firm, at least one hour.
Once the dough is chilled well, cut each of the logs into slices.
Place onto ungreased baking sheets about an inch apart. I love these Anolon nonstick cookie sheets and highly recommend them!
Bake for about 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
These festive bite-sized cookies are crispy and oh, so chocolatey. I love them rolled in sprinkles for the holidays – so colorful.
Other Christmas cookie recipes you’ll love:
- Pecan pie bar cookies
- Snowball cookies
- Chewy ginger cookies
- Polar bear cookies
- Lump of coal cookies
- Marbled star cookies
- Cranberry and vanilla chip cookies
Chocolate Pecan Cookie Crisps
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Sprinkles
- In mixer, beat sugar and butter until blended. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- In separate small bowl, combine flour, pecans, cocoa powder and baking soda. Add to butter mixture, beating until it forms a stiff dough.
- Sprinkle sprinkles on work surface. Divide dough into 4 sections and shape into a 1 1/2 inch-diameter log. Roll each log in sprinkles, coating well. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 1 hour until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. cut logs into 1/8-inch-thick slices and lay on ungreased baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake 10-13 minutes or until firm and lightly browned. Transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.