These chocolate pecan cookie crisps are part of a sponsored Christmas Cookies event.
I love how festive these chocolate pecan cookies are and since they’re slice and bake, they’re as simple as simple could be.
Ingredients for pecan chocolate cookies
- brown sugar
- vanilla (Adams Extract recommended)
- all-purpose flour (Millican Pecan Co. recommended)
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- baking soda
- sprinkles (Sweets & Treats: Tinsel Town and Sleigh Ride)
How to make chocolate pecan cookie crisps
Beat together the butter and sugar, then add in the flour, pecans, baking soda and cocoa powder to form a dough.
Divide the dough into four sections and roll each of them into a log with about a 1 1/2-inch diameter.
Cover your work area with sprinkles and then roll each of the logs in the sprinkles until completely coated.
Cover each of the rolls with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until firm, at least one hour.
Once the dough is chilled well, cut each of the logs into slices.
Place onto ungreased baking sheets about an inch apart. I love these Anolon nonstick cookie sheets and highly recommend them!
Bake for about 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
These festive bite-sized cookies are crispy and oh, so chocolatey. I love them rolled in sprinkles for the holidays – so colorful.
Other Christmas cookie recipes you’ll love:
- Pecan bar cookies
- Snowball cookies
- Chewy ginger cookies
- Polar bear cookies
- Lump of coal cookies
- Marbled star cookies
- Cranberry and vanilla chip cookies
Welcome to #ChristmasCookies week where more than 25 bloggers are sharing cookie recipes perfect for your holiday celebrations. Hosted by Ellen from Family Around the Table, Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures and Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks, we invite you to not only check out the recipes but enter the amazing giveaway.
Don’t miss one delicious cookie recipe! Follow along on Pinterest.
Prize 1: Tower of Treats from Millican Pecan Company
Originally founded as the West Texas Pecan Nursery in the late 1800’s, Millican Pecan is now in 5th generation ownership. Located in San Saba, TX, the family continues the tradition of pecan farming while also branching the business into the online world. The family also enjoys educating people about pecans. One winner will receive The Tower of Treats Gift Tins. The tower includes 3 decorative gift tins stacked on top of each other. The bottom tin includes our 2 lb. Chocolate Pecan Sampler, the middle tin is our Flavored Pecan Sampler and the top tin is an 8 oz. tin of Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles). An $80 value.
Prize 2: An Assortment of Flavored Extracts from Adams Extract and Spices
In January 2013, Adams, one of the oldest continuously operated companies in Texas and one of oldest spice and extract companies in the United States, celebrated its 125th birthday and was awarded the Texas Treasure Business Award, an award sponsored by State Bill 920 that recognizes the accomplishments of Texas businesses that have provided employment opportunities and support to the state’s economy for at least 50 years and pays tribute to the state’s well-established businesses and their exceptional historical contributions toward the state’s economic growth and prosperity.
Today, Adams proudly manufactures and markets under several Adams Brand banners, including Adams Best®, Adams Extract®, Adams® Seasoning & Spice, Adams Reserve®, Flavor King™, Pantry Basics™, Sear-n-Crust®, ClearVan™, Carniceria®, Cocina del Rey®, Naturals™, and Urban Canner™ along with the Adams Frozen Skillet Desserts and Adams Premium Ice Cream lines. In addition, Adams is proud to manufacture for some of the nations most respected Private Label Brands as well as other legacy Regional Seasoning Brands and is used to flavor many commercially produced food products around the nation.
Prize 3: A Set of Baking Pans from Anolon
Established in the 1950’s, Meyer Manufacturing started by making and selling flashlights. In 1971 they started their journey into selling cookware. By 1986 they released the world’s first hard-anodized nonstick cookware which revolutionized the world of home cooking. Their nonstick surface didn’t flake or scratch easily.
Today they sell bakeware with nonstick interior and exterior made with a special sapphire-reinforced blend that is triple coated. NOTE: Color may vary from the photo above.
Make Sweets & Treats your one-stop shop for all your holiday sprinkle needs. In addition to fun, festive and colorful sprinkles, Sweets & Treats offers cupcake liners, edible glitters, sugars, and more.
Founded in 2010 by Shannon Harvey out of an industry need for bold, bright cupcake liners and baking supplies that are the life of the party! Based in Louisiana, Sweets & Treats is a designer cupcake liner manufacturer and party supply company that creates exclusive greaseproof cupcake liners, sprinkles, sprinkle mixes, paper straws, and other baking supplies.
Four (4) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Giveaway open to US Residents only who are 18 years of age or older to enter the giveaway. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookies posts or entry.
Wednesday Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Almond Shortbread Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Brown Sugar Ice Box Cookies by West Via Midwest
- Chocolate Dipped Cranberry Oatmeal Cookie by Lemon Blossoms
- Chocolate Pecan Cookie Crisps by Eat Move Make
- Christmas Checkerboard Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Christmas Chippity Chip Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Christmas Tree Cookies by Swirls of Flavor
- Cinnamon Snowball Cookies by Jersey Girl Cooks
- French Toast Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Frosty Ginger Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Ginger Snap Cookies by Devour Dinner
- Holiday Coins by Family Around the Table
- Italian Christmas Cookies by Blogghetti
- Meringue Christmas Trees Two Ways by Art of Natural Living
- New York-Style Black & Whites by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Pecan Crescent Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Pepparkakor by That Recipe
- Peppermint Cream Cheese Crushed Oreo Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Reindeer Haystacks by Leftovers Then Breakfast
- Salted Caramel Dark Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies by Sweet Beginnings
- Soft Italian Wedding Cookies by Making Miracles
- Sweet Potato Pecan Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Turtle Cookies by An Affair from the Heart
- Vegan Italian Wine Cookies by Frugal & Fit
- Whipped Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Zimstern – German Cinnamon Stars by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Chocolate Pecan Cookie Crisps
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Sprinkles
- In mixer, beat sugar and butter until blended. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- In separate small bowl, combine flour, pecans, cocoa powder and baking soda. Add to butter mixture, beating until it forms a stiff dough.
- Sprinkle sprinkles on work surface. Divide dough into 4 sections and shape into a 1 1/2 inch-diameter log. Roll each log in sprinkles, coating well. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 1 hour until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. cut logs into 1/8-inch-thick slices and lay on ungreased baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake 10-13 minutes or until firm and lightly browned. Transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.