I’m sharing this pecan pie bars recipe as part of a sponsored Christmas Cookies event.
It wouldn’t be the holidays without pecan pie bars and this easy pecan bar recipe has the classic essence of a fresh-baked pecan pie but in a handheld cookie.
The delectable sweet and sticky filling is loaded with the best pecans and baked atop a golden, buttery crust.
Pecan bar recipe ingredients
- powdered sugar
- all-purpose flour
- chopped pecans (I recommend Millican Pecans.)
- light corn syrup
- vanilla extract
How will I know when the pecan squares are done?
The pecan cookie bars are ready when the sides have set and the middle is stable but has just a little wiggle left. You can also check doneness by inserting a knife in the center; it should come out clean.
Do pecan pie bars need to be refrigerated?
Yes. Once the pecan bars have cooled, they should be stored in the fridge because they contain eggs. Remove from the fridge about 15 minutes before serving.
Can pecan bars be frozen?
Yep. Place waxed paper or parchment paper between bars and place in freezer-safe containers or freezer bags. They can be frozen for several months. Thaw in the fridge or on the countertop.
Pecan squares crust
Beat the butter until smooth and creamy, then add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Gradually add flour and combine. Press into bottom of baking dish and just a smidge up the sides.
Bake the crust 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Easy pecan bar filling
While the crust is baking, mix together beaten eggs, pecans, sugar, corn syrup, melted butter and vanilla.
Pour the pecan pie bar filling over the baked crust, spreading evenly.
Bake 35-40 minutes or until middle is set but has a smidge of wiggle left in it.
When should pecan bars be cut?
Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen after it comes out of the oven but let the bars cool completely before cutting into squares.
Scroll down for the printable recipe card!
Try this pecan pudding pie too!
Pecan Pie Bars
- ¾ cup butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crust: Beat 3/4 cup butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar; beat until smooth.
- Add flour gradually. dough will be crumbly but holds together when pressed. Press on bottom and about 1/4inch up sides of an ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- While crust is baking, add beaten eggs, pecans, sugar, corn syrup, melted butter and vanilla to medium bowl; mix well.
- Pour over partially baked crust. Return to oven; bake 35 to 40 minutes or until filling is set.
- Slide knife around edges to loosen from pan, then let cool completely on cooling rack before cutting. Keep refrigerated until serving, removing from fridge about 15 minutes before.