I’m sharing this pecan pie bars recipe as part of a sponsored Christmas Cookies event.
It wouldn’t be the holidays without pecan pie bars and this easy pecan bar recipe has the classic essence of a fresh-baked pecan pie but in a handheld cookie.
The delectable sweet and sticky filling is loaded with the best pecans and baked atop a golden, buttery crust.
Pecan bar recipe ingredients
- powdered sugar
- all-purpose flour
- chopped pecans (Millican Pecan Company recommended)
- light corn syrup
- vanilla (Adams Extract recommended)
How will I know when the pecan squares are done?
The pecan cookie bars are ready when the sides have set and the middle is stable but has just a little wiggle left. You can also check doneness by inserting a knife in the center; it should come out clean.
Do pecan pie bars need to be refrigerated?
Yes. Once the pecan bars have cooled, they should be stored in the fridge because they contain eggs. Remove from the fridge about 15 minutes before serving.
Can pecan bars be frozen?
Yep. Place waxed paper or parchment paper between bars and place in freezer-safe containers or freezer bags. They can be frozen for several months. Thaw in the fridge or on the countertop.
Pecan squares crust
Beat the butter until smooth and creamy, then add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Gradually add flour and combine. Press into bottom of baking dish and just a smidge up the sides.
Bake the crust 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Easy pecan bar filling
While the crust is baking, mix together beaten eggs, pecans, sugar, corn syrup, melted butter and vanilla.
Pour the pecan pie bar filling over the baked crust, spreading evenly.
Bake 35-40 minutes or until middle is set but has a smidge of wiggle left in it.
When should pecan bars be cut?
Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen after it comes out of the oven but let the bars cool completely before cutting into squares.
Scroll down for the printable recipe card!
Welcome to #ChristmasCookies week where more than 25 bloggers are sharing cookie recipes perfect for your holiday celebrations. Hosted by Ellen from Family Around the Table, Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures and Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks, we invite you to not only check out the recipes but enter the amazing giveaway.
Don’t miss one delicious cookie recipe! Follow along on Pinterest.
Prize 1: Tower of Treats from Millican Pecan Company
Originally founded as the West Texas Pecan Nursery in the late 1800’s, Millican Pecan is now in 5th generation ownership. Located in San Saba, TX, the family continues the tradition of pecan farming while also branching the business into the online world. The family also enjoys educating people about pecans. One winner will receive The Tower of Treats Gift Tins. The tower includes 3 decorative gift tins stacked on top of each other. The bottom tin includes our 2 lb. Chocolate Pecan Sampler, the middle tin is our Flavored Pecan Sampler and the top tin is an 8 oz. tin of Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles). An $80 value.
Prize 2: An Assortment of Flavored Extracts from Adams Extract and Spices
In January 2013, Adams, one of the oldest continuously operated companies in Texas and one of oldest spice and extract companies in the United States, celebrated its 125th birthday and was awarded the Texas Treasure Business Award, an award sponsored by State Bill 920 that recognizes the accomplishments of Texas businesses that have provided employment opportunities and support to the state’s economy for at least 50 years and pays tribute to the state’s well-established businesses and their exceptional historical contributions toward the state’s economic growth and prosperity.
Today, Adams proudly manufactures and markets under several Adams Brand banners, including Adams Best®, Adams Extract®, Adams® Seasoning & Spice, Adams Reserve®, Flavor King™, Pantry Basics™, Sear-n-Crust®, ClearVan™, Carniceria®, Cocina del Rey®, Naturals™, and Urban Canner™ along with the Adams Frozen Skillet Desserts and Adams Premium Ice Cream lines. In addition, Adams is proud to manufacture for some of the nations most respected Private Label Brands as well as other legacy Regional Seasoning Brands and is used to flavor many commercially produced food products around the nation.
Prize 3: A Set of Baking Pans from Anolon
Established in the 1950’s, Meyer Manufacturing started by making and selling flashlights. In 1971 they started their journey into selling cookware. By 1986 they released the world’s first hard-anodized nonstick cookware which revolutionized the world of home cooking. Their nonstick surface didn’t flake or scratch easily.
Today they sell bakeware with nonstick interior and exterior made with a special sapphire-reinforced blend that is triple coated. NOTE: Color may vary from the photo above.
Make Sweets & Treats your one-stop shop for all your holiday sprinkle needs. In addition to fun, festive and colorful sprinkles, Sweets & Treats offers cupcake liners, edible glitters, sugars, and more.
Founded in 2010 by Shannon Harvey out of an industry need for bold, bright cupcake liners and baking supplies that are the life of the party! Based in Louisiana, Sweets & Treats is a designer cupcake liner manufacturer and party supply company that creates exclusive greaseproof cupcake liners, sprinkles, sprinkle mixes, paper straws, and other baking supplies.
Four (4) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Giveaway open to US Residents only who are 18 years of age or older to enter the giveaway. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookies posts or entry.
Pecan Pie Bars
- ¾ cup butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crust: Beat 3/4 cup butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar; beat until smooth.
- Add flour gradually. dough will be crumbly but holds together when pressed. Press on bottom and about 1/4inch up sides of an ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- While crust is baking, add beaten eggs, pecans, sugar, corn syrup, melted butter and vanilla to medium bowl; mix well.
- Pour over partially baked crust. Return to oven; bake 35 to 40 minutes or until filling is set.
- Slide knife around edges to loosen from pan, then let cool completely on cooling rack before cutting. Keep refrigerated until serving, removing from fridge about 15 minutes before.
Monday Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Amaretti Snowball Cookies by Our Sutton Place
- Bourbon Pecan Snowballs by Leftovers Then Breakfast
- Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cappuccino Crinkles by West Via Midwest
- Cherry Garlands by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies by Books n’ Cooks
- Chocolate Sugar Kisses by An Affair from the Heart
- Christmas Confetti Amaretti Cookies by The Spiffy Cookie
- Christmas Mouse Shortbread Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Christmas Pinwheel Cookies by Lemon Blossoms
- Cinnamon Chip Holiday Spice Cake Mix Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Cinnamon Pecan Snickerdoodles by Daily Dish Recipes
- Classic Butter Spritz Cookies by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies by Frugal & Fit
- Hermit Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Honey Spice Oatmeal Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Melting Snowman Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pecan Brown Sugar Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pecan Pie Bars by Eat Move Make
- Pecan Pie Cookies by Art of Natural Living
- Peppermint Chocolate Cookies by Swirls of Flavor
- Peppermint Kiss Cookies by Devour Dinner
- Peppermint Patty Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Peppermint Shortbread Cookies by Simply Inspired Meals
- Raspberry Jam Cookies by Making Miracles
- Reindeer Cookies by Sweet Beginnings
- Soft Sugar Cookies with Sprinkles by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Toffee Bars by That Recipe
- White Chocolate Cranberry Crinkle Cookies by Blogghetti