Don’t you just love lemon dessert recipes in the warm weather months? I know I do, so these lemon cream bars are a summer favorite at my house, and they could very well become a favorite at your house too!
Lemon Cream Bars
Start by baking the crust, and while it’s baking, you’ll prepare the lemon pudding and get that in the fridge. Once the crust is baked and cooled, mix together the cream cheese filling ingredients, and then gently spread that on top of the crust. It’s thick, so you need to go easy.
Next you’ll pour on that deliciously tangy lemon pudding. Oooo, this is such a yummy lemon dessert recipe. I can hardly wait!
And finally you’ll swoosh a layer of Cool Whip on top. Store in refrigerator, and before serving, cut into pieces.
- 1½ cups flour
- 1½ sticks butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 3.4-ounce boxes lemon instant pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 8oz container Cool Whip, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix flour and butter together. Press into bottom of 13 x 9-inch pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare pudding; refrigerate to cool.
- Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and ½ container of Cool Whip. Spread on cooled crust. Spread pudding over the cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining Cool Whip. Store in refrigerator.
Enjoy! The lemon cream bars are delectable.