If you’re looking for an easy lemon dessert recipe with the perfect combination of sweet and tangy, you must try these luscious layered Lemon Pudding Bars. These delicious treats combine a buttery crust, a creamy lemon filling, and luscious whipped cream topping for the perfect balance of flavors and textures.
Read more: Lemon Ice Cream Bars (Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches | Lemon Crinkle Cookies
Why You’ll Love Lemon Pudding Bars
- Bright, tangy flavor perfect for spring and summer.
- Wonderful for dessert, but also brunch and afternoon tea.
- The smooth and creamy filling is melt-in-your-mouth irresistible.
- A refreshing twist on classic lemon bars.
- Easy to make!
- Cream cheese
- Confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)
- Lemon pudding mix
- Whipped topping (Cool Whip)
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix flour and softened butter and press into the bottom of a 13×9-inch baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and refrigerate it.
Step 2: In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and half the container of Cool Whip. Carefully spread on the cooled crust. It’s really thick, so be gentle.
Step 3: Spread the lemon pudding over the cream cheese mixture.
Step 4: Top the pudding layer with remaining Cool Whip.
Step 5: Store in refrigerator and cut into pieces before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sure, why not?! A graham cracker crust, cookie crust, or even a pastry crust can work well.
Cut them into squares or rectangles and serve them as is, or you can top them with fresh berries for added flavor and texture.
Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
Absolutely! You could mix some lemon zest into the whipped topping or sprinkle it on top. And you could add some lemon juice (and/or zest) into the crust mixture.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Lemon Pudding Bars
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ sticks butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 3.4 ounce boxes boxes lemon instant pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 8 oz container Cool Whip divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix flour and butter together. Press into bottom of 13 x 9-inch pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare pudding; refrigerate to cool.
- Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1/2 container of Cool Whip. Spread on cooled crust. Spread pudding over the cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining Cool Whip. Store in refrigerator.
Leave a Reply