Parmesan roasted baby potatoes are the perfect side dish for any meal and so easy to make. They’d be a wonderful accompaniment to a beef or pork roast, chicken or even a Thanksgiving turkey.
The tender, creamy potatoes are soft and fluffy inside but have a satisfying crispy cheese crust on the outside. They’re absolutely delicious!
Ingredients for garlic parmesan roasted potatoes
- olive oil
- Parmesan cheese (good quality finely grated fresh refrigerated- NOT the shelf-stable kind)
- ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- red pepper flakes
- Italian seasoning
- baby potatoes
How to make Parmesan roasted baby potatoes
In small bowl, stir together Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, red pepper and Italian seasoning until mixed.
Pour oil into the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, making sure the oil coats the bottom completely.
Then sprinkle the cheese mixture with your fingers over the entire oiled bottom of the baking dish.
Move slowly and evenly as you scatter the seasoning because you don’t want to move the mixture once it’s in the dish.
Next place the cut side of each baby potato half onto the mixture, starting at one side and moving across by rows.
Push the potato down into the cheese mixture so that it will stick but don’t twist it, just push down.
Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender and cheese has turned golden brown.
Let potatoes rest for several minutes before removing each one carefully from the dish with a spatula and moving to a serving platter.
The Parmesan roasted baby potatoes are fun to eat and positively scrumptious!
Other potato recipes you’ll love:
- Slow cooker cheesy potato soup with bacon
- Roasted carrots, potatoes and green beans
- Upside down chicken kiev loaded sweet potatoes
- Betty Crocker au gratin potatoes and sausage
- Loaded potato pinwheels
- Steak and potato foil packets
- Tex-Mex stuffed sweet potatoes
- Loaded mashed potatoes
Parmesan Roasted Baby Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese the good refrigerated stuff
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 lbs baby potatoes
- pinch salt optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In small bowl, stir together Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, red pepper and Italian seasoning until mixed.
- Pour olive oil into a 9 x- 13-inch glass baking dish making sure the oil coats the bottom completely.
- Sprinkle the cheese mixture slowly and evenly over the entire oiled bottom of the baking dish.
- Cut the baby potatoes in half and place them cut side down into the pan, pushing each one gently into the cheese mixture. Lightly spray the top of the potatoes and sprinkle with a pinch of salt, if desired.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender and cheese has turned golden brown. Let potatoes rest for several minutes before removing each one carefully from pan with a spatula and moving to a serving platter.