Banana peanut butter is a flavor combo so many people love and these muffin-sized peanut butter banana sticky buns have a gooey-sweet topping and buttery pecans… almost too good to be true.
It’s a delectable way to indulge your taste buds!
Pecan sticky buns are the perfect pairing with a cup of tea or coffee in the morning and just as delicious as a snacky treat later in the day.
- brown sugar
- unsalted butter
- pecan halves
- Bisquick baking mix
- ripe bananas – smooshed
- peanut butter – go with creamy, not chunky
Additions and Substitutions
- Try adding some raisins or chopped apple to the filling mixture.
- For more topping, add a little bit more butter and brown sugar in the bottom of the muffin tins.
- Try it with chopped walnuts instead of pecans.
Directions for Easy Pecan Sticky Buns
Preheat oven. Spoon softened butter, brown sugar and pecans in the bottom of 12 muffin tins. Place in the oven to let the butter melt.
In a large bowl, stir Bisquick, banana and peanut butter to make a dough. Gently smooth into a ball on a floured cloth-covered surface. Knead a few times.
.Roll into a 9×15-inch rectangle. Spread with 2 tablespoons softened butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
Roll up, starting at the long side. Pinch the edge of the dough to seal it.
Cut into twelve equal slices and place one in each of the muffin tins on top of the pecans, butter and sugar mixture.
Bake for 10 minutes then immediately flip the pan over to let the buttery mixture at the bottom drip onto the sticky buns.
Peanut Butter Banana Sticky Buns – Frequently Asked Questions
When the sticky buns are inverted after baking, the caramel goodness drips over them.
If you’d prefer the nuts chopped, by all means, do that!
Sticky buns are best when served the same day, but they can be covered tightly with plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Warm in the microwave for a few seconds, if desired.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
Peanut Butter Banana Sticky Buns
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup butter softened
- 36 pecan halves
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- ⅔ cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place 2 teaspoons brown sugar, 2 teaspoons butter and 3 pecan halves in each of 12 medium muffin cups. Place in oven to melt butter.
- In large bowl, stir Bisquick, banana and peanut butter to form a dough. Gently form into a ball on a floured surface and knead several times. Roll into a 9×15-inch rectangle. Spread with 2 tablespoons butter and sprinkle with 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Roll up, starting at long side, pinching edges to seal.
- Cut into twelve equal slices. Place cut side down in muffin cups. Bake 10 minutes. Immediately invert pan onto baking sheet, letting pan sit for a minute to allow all the sauce to drizzle down over the sticky buns. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply